The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Super Mario 3D Land doesn't look fun, tell me why you guys think it's fun

#1BigB0ss13Posted 1/29/2013 2:01:49 AM
I got the MK7 XL bundle about a few weeks ago and I got three other games Zelda:OOT, Resident Evil Revelations and my latest game is Tales of Abyss which I'm currently playing. I didn't finish MK7, OOT and Revelations because all of them were pretty fun to me and I had to switch between them but now I'm playing only Abyss until I beat it. Anyways I watched some videos of 3D Land and it seems boring to me and doesn't take a long time to beat. Someone tell me why I should waste money and buy game.
#2Bane_Of_DespairPosted 1/29/2013 2:11:30 AM
The later levels are fairly challenging, and if you want a nice Mario experience then it's worth a shot. The thing that really pisses me off about it is that if you die a certain amount of time in a row, a little block appears with a Golden Tanookie suit that makes you invincible unless you fall, and then another block if you die even more that literally takes you from the beginning to the end of the level without having to do anything. I seriously don't understand the point of it, why play the game if you're going to skip the level completely?

But they are optional, so it's easy to just skip them.
---
"Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?"
3DS FC- 5472-6201-0498
#3Master_GamerPosted 1/29/2013 2:15:18 AM
Um, any particular reason you can't be assed to read/watch a review, champ? Seems like it would have taken less time and all. And have been more practical.

Idk what to tell you. It's Mario. It's easy, but you can say the same of every Mario game except Lost Levels if you're not trying to 100% the game, so that's not very new. It's still fun, and you get your bang for your buck with the postgame content. I mean, if you had complaints more elaborate than "it looks boring/easy" then I could be more detailed.
---
http://youtu.be/n5Drq_YW0Gs http://youtu.be/dK-Z0Ts-jVc
Mega Man rocks.
#4MinamoPosted 1/29/2013 5:22:28 AM
It was fun enough to warrant a $10 pricetag, but since its probably never been that low, don't bother, or rent it like I did.
#5Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/29/2013 5:31:47 AM
Mario games have never been hard, with the exception of Lost Levels, which isn't really hard, but cheap as hell.

Still, the later levels are fairly challenging.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8Ri7C.jpg - Viridi is best goddess.
#6Lord_FroodPosted 1/29/2013 5:56:04 AM
It's a pretty generic Mario game. Feels like Galaxy without all of the Galaxy. So much wasted potential with that game. I'd still give it a 7, but it could be so much better if they'd just get off of the grass/island/volcano/etc; kick.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#7iMURDAuPosted 1/29/2013 6:01:04 AM
Doesn't take long to beat the regular 8 worlds. Beating the special worlds and getting all the big coins so you can unlock the final level is a task. I'm still working on it but I've taken breaks from the game to play other games.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#8JackofSpades209Posted 1/29/2013 7:22:49 AM
It didn't look fun, but when I played it, it was fun
---
Dont french fry when youre supposed to pizza. If you french fry when you're supposed to pizza you're gonna have a bad time.
#9-Zeke-Posted 1/29/2013 7:37:18 AM(edited)
A friend lent it to me on Sunday, I finished the first eight worlds yesterday. True, at first it's pretty easy, but then it gets pretty damn hard. The special worlds really put up a challenge. Also, it uses the 3D in a way no other 3DS game ever used. The thing is that I don't think there's much replayability after completing everything, unless you want to test your speedrunning skills against others.
If you think the game's not for you then rent it or borrow it from someone. Now that I've played it I think I'll rather get Theatrhythm instead.
---
Hi! My name is Zeke, here's my 3DS code:1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
Official Ninja of the Spam Masters Clan
#10EternalNetherPosted 1/29/2013 7:37:46 AM
Bane_Of_Despair posted...
The later levels are fairly challenging, and if you want a nice Mario experience then it's worth a shot. The thing that really pisses me off about it is that if you die a certain amount of time in a row, a little block appears with a Golden Tanookie suit that makes you invincible unless you fall, and then another block if you die even more that literally takes you from the beginning to the end of the level without having to do anything. I seriously don't understand the point of it, why play the game if you're going to skip the level completely?

But they are optional, so it's easy to just skip them.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the golden Tanooki suit only appears on your first playthrough of a stage. After you've beaten the stage at least once it won't appear again no matter how many times you die. I know because when my little sister (8 years old) came to visit, I introduced her to Mario (kids these days, she'd never even heard of it) and let her play. But she must have died about 25 times on one of the stages that I'd beaten and the Tanooki suit never appeared for her.