Super Mario 3D Land doesn't look fun, tell me why you guys think it's fun

#11brStalkerPosted 1/29/2013 6:41:23 AM
EternalNether posted...
Bane_Of_Despair posted...
The later levels are fairly challenging, and if you want a nice Mario experience then it's worth a shot. The thing that really pisses me off about it is that if you die a certain amount of time in a row, a little block appears with a Golden Tanookie suit that makes you invincible unless you fall, and then another block if you die even more that literally takes you from the beginning to the end of the level without having to do anything. I seriously don't understand the point of it, why play the game if you're going to skip the level completely?

But they are optional, so it's easy to just skip them.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure the golden Tanooki suit only appears on your first playthrough of a stage. After you've beaten the stage at least once it won't appear again no matter how many times you die. I know because when my little sister (8 years old) came to visit, I introduced her to Mario (kids these days, she'd never even heard of it) and let her play. But she must have died about 25 times on one of the stages that I'd beaten and the Tanooki suit never appeared for her.

Was it on the special worlds? Cause the White Tanooki suit don't appear on these in any way.
---
"Which is more evil: Kidnapping a child to use as a tool for world domination, or using your blood child as a tool for world domination?"-Tyranidomega
#12nonexistingheroPosted 1/29/2013 6:53:28 AM(edited)
I would prefer the game to be a bit more challenging, but it's still a superb and fun game, IMO. It's one of the best 3D platformers you can get on any handheld. The only one I consider better is Super Mario 64 DS, and that's a remake of a console game.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#13Ultima_MagikarpPosted 1/29/2013 7:08:24 AM
It's got the best level design in a Mario game since Galaxy 1, in my opinion.

It seems they realized what people wanted in a Mario game is tight levels, and built the game around that. It is a tad on the easy side, but that's my only complaint.
#14MarsfordPosted 1/29/2013 7:27:49 AM
I don't know. The controls are just fantastic and feel liberating. I never stop running and accelerating and it's awesome. I had other games to play, but I felt compelled to 100% this game again.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#15smifypzPosted 1/29/2013 7:32:02 AM
Bane_Of_Despair posted...
The later levels are fairly challenging, and if you want a nice Mario experience then it's worth a shot. The thing that really pisses me off about it is that if you die a certain amount of time in a row, a little block appears with a Golden Tanookie suit that makes you invincible unless you fall, and then another block if you die even more that literally takes you from the beginning to the end of the level without having to do anything. I seriously don't understand the point of it, why play the game if you're going to skip the level completely?

But they are optional, so it's easy to just skip them.

I remember I would turn off the game whenever the Golden Tanookie suit would show up since it would take away the shiny stars from the title screen.
---
3DS FC: 2105- 9580- 9704 PSN: tennislover3195
Official Feraligatr of the Pokemon X board
#16EndgamePosted 1/29/2013 8:09:04 AM
because they are blind Nintendo fanboys

Mario being reduced to such half-assed games is something that offends true fans, but nope, not these guys.....
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert