Quick Question: If I get a 3DS capture card, will it ruin my warrenty?

#11ferofaxPosted 1/30/2013 4:27:38 AM
Carbuncle009 posted...
01Philip01 posted...
Supply demand my friend, wait a couple of months and thank me later.

This guy knows what's up.
As demand increases, the price increases (easy profit)
As supply increases, the price decreases

Basic Economic Principle.

Yeah, well seeing as he's just one guy and not exactly a large-scale manufacturer, I'd say it's very likely his prices will stay high, mainly because the product requires specialized service (installation) and he is not obliged to make modded 3DS units to keep as stock.

In other words, he can keep supply at zero.

So yeah, economic principles are a moot point here.

Unless some company out there decides to buy one in the guise of a single person, reverse engineer the crap out of it, and mass produce the mod. That should bring prices down. The Chinese can definitely do it.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#1201Philip01Posted 1/30/2013 7:19:49 AM
Quote:Yeah, it voids your warranty.

Also the cost he charges ATM is absurd. (Especially compared to the DS one)

Not to mention he no longer ships DIY versions of it which I did for the DS....

@Xenesis Xenon

Yeah 75$ for a ds phat capture card lol, doubt he'll make a 3ds XL one.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#13CubeTV(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 5:37:14 PM
One last question because I'm kinda leaning towards getting one in exchange of a $250 XL.

If my 3DS with this installed somehow breaks in the future (dead pixels, broken buttons, cracks in the screen), can I still send it in to Nintendo or will having this not allow me to send it in at all?
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#14blue_hedgehogPosted 1/30/2013 6:20:54 PM
One last question because I'm kinda leaning towards getting one in exchange of a $250 XL.

If my 3DS with this installed somehow breaks in the future (dead pixels, broken buttons, cracks in the screen), can I still send it in to Nintendo or will having this not allow me to send it in at all?

If you send a 3DS with a capture card in it, Nintendo won't do anything with it. They'll just send it back to you.
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon X/Y Board, The 7th Gen Pokemon games http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#15ShadowMario3Posted 1/30/2013 7:26:21 PM
CubeTV posted...

You can't send it to Nintendo at all. You'll have to get someone else to fix it, or try to fix it yourself.
---
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ShadowMario3
#16loopy_Posted 1/31/2013 8:31:10 AM
Xenesis Xenon posted...

I don't advertise it anymore, but if you email me and specifically ask for a DIY kit, I'll still sell one. I don't recommend it unless you know what you're doing. It's not easy to install. Probably 75% or more of the boards I sell that way end up returned because of bad installs. THAT'S why I don't offer them anymore, it wasn't worth the trouble.
#17loopy_Posted 1/31/2013 8:57:15 AM
ferofax posted...
Yeah, well seeing as he's just one guy and not exactly a large-scale manufacturer, I'd say it's very likely his prices will stay high, mainly because the product requires specialized service (installation) and he is not obliged to make modded 3DS units to keep as stock.

In other words, he can keep supply at zero.

So yeah, economic principles are a moot point here.

Unless some company out there decides to buy one in the guise of a single person, reverse engineer the crap out of it, and mass produce the mod. That should bring prices down. The Chinese can definitely do it.

I do have some competition (sort of), there's another guy that makes one but he mainly services Japan and his prices are even higher.

I don't keep stock artificially low, you can (almost) always buy a board anytime you want.

"The Chinese" (LOL) don't need to reverse engineer anything. It's not like I've discovered some secret, anyone with the right skills could come along and make their own. The reason you won't see it mass produced is (1) Installation is a fairly difficult, involved process so you can't just crank out DIY kits for anybody to buy. And (2) it's a tiny, niche market. I'm just one guy working out of my bedroom and keeping up with global demand by myself without much trouble. Who would chase after a market like that?
#18HakuPosted 1/31/2013 9:07:11 AM
loopy_ posted...

I don't keep stock artificially low, you can (almost) always buy a board anytime you want.

"The Chinese" (LOL) don't need to reverse engineer anything. It's not like I've discovered some secret, anyone with the right skills could come along and make their own. The reason you won't see it mass produced is (1) Installation is a fairly difficult, involved process so you can't just crank out DIY kits for anybody to buy. And (2) it's a tiny, niche market. I'm just one guy working out of my bedroom and keeping up with global demand by myself without much trouble. Who would chase after a market like that?

I would think there is no mass production due to tiny demand. Installation doesn't normally stop mass production if the demand is there. Original PS2 chips were not exactly an easy install, tons of boards got mangled, but they were still made in huge numbers :).

Not discovered a secret? Are you just tapping the 3DS' gpu output and then custom FPGA coding to shove it into something usable?

Oh and I did not realise you were the one who made the big screen DS. That was awesome :), wish I had the skills to do something like that, sadly mine are limited to soldering and following what others design :(.
#19loopy_Posted 1/31/2013 9:18:18 AM
Haku posted...
Are you just tapping the 3DS' gpu output and then custom FPGA coding to shove it into something usable?

Yeah, basically. Grab the LCD signals and send it out over USB. (Easy to say, but it does take a lot of work to put everything together).

Oh and I did not realise you were the one who made the big screen DS. That was awesome :), wish I had the skills to do something like that, sadly mine are limited to soldering and following what others design :(.

Yeah, the "Jumbotron DS" was mine.
#20Xenesis XenonPosted 1/31/2013 3:00:38 PM
loopy_ posted...
Xenesis Xenon posted...

I don't advertise it anymore, but if you email me and specifically ask for a DIY kit, I'll still sell one. I don't recommend it unless you know what you're doing. It's not easy to install. Probably 75% or more of the boards I sell that way end up returned because of bad installs. THAT'S why I don't offer them anymore, it wasn't worth the trouble.

I have previously, and you didn't want to send me one.

*shrugs*

Not a big deal, it's not super important at this stage.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.