Does anybody know if Nintendo is going to release a new 3DS soon?

#1lambruscoPosted 1/29/2013 8:53:52 AM(edited)
The 3DS XL is 40$ off at futureshop, (that's 160$!).

I'm really tempted to buy one but I can't help but think they are getting ready to receive a new model, some people are telling me it's going to be a dual Analog version.

The 3DS is selling very well, 40$ off just like that seems suspicious.
---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#2randomshemsPosted 1/29/2013 8:56:36 AM
don't believe everthing you hear on the net so far no news has been announced about a new 3DS
#3mcnichojPosted 1/29/2013 8:57:04 AM
It's called a sale, they have them all the time.
Only time retailers know about new revised consoles is when the rest of the public does, usually because an employee leaks it.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner.
#4yankee6903Posted 1/29/2013 9:03:09 AM
No way they come out with a new model this year OR a true price drop on the XL. They have FE, MH, AC, and Pokemon coming out. All these games will sell more systems.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#5lambrusco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:05:36 AM
I get that it's a sale, but it's a rather suspicious one.

I wouldn't care if it's because they will release one with a new better battery, or some bundle. But I'd rather get a dual analog version if they ever release one.
---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#6MrAntike184Posted 1/29/2013 9:10:04 AM
lambrusco posted...

I wouldn't care if it's because they will release one with a new better battery, or some bundle. But I'd rather get a dual analog version if they ever release one.

XL is only 5 Months old. Does that answer your question?
---
3DS FC: 1289-8257-7341. 3DS name: Mr.X
#7RazieruPosted 1/29/2013 9:10:51 AM
lambrusco posted...

I get that vibe too. The 3DS XL isn't even a year old, yet there are masses of sales on it since the latter part of last year. That's something to actually pay attention to.

These are all the more reasons for them to release another one. now, another one IS inevitable (look at the DS's revisions), and let's not forget the horrid short comings of the budget 3DS XL - cheap build, dire sound quality, and brightness.

It would NOT be surprising if Nintendo immediately had the sense to make up for these intentional farces. So, don't be surprised if a revision was announced or released down through THIS year.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#8MrAntike184Posted 1/29/2013 9:14:05 AM
Razieru posted...
lambrusco posted...

I get that vibe too. The 3DS XL isn't even a year old, yet there are masses of sales on it since the latter part of last year. That's something to actually pay attention to.

These are all the more reasons for them to release another one. now, another one IS inevitable (look at the DS's revisions), and let's not forget the horrid short comings of the budget 3DS XL - cheap build, dire sound quality, and brightness.

It would NOT be surprising if Nintendo immediately had the sense to make up for these intentional farces. So, don't be surprised if a revision was announced or released down through THIS year.

The sad thing is, your right. There will be a remodel this year, and i can almost guarantee it. Hopefully its an XL with a 2nd circle pad.
---
3DS FC: 1289-8257-7341. 3DS name: Mr.X
#9McMarblesPosted 1/29/2013 9:17:52 AM
Someone should volunteer to bump this topic once a week so we can check back in eleven months and laugh.
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#10lambrusco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 9:24:41 AM
Razieru posted...

and let's not forget the horrid short comings of the budget 3DS XL - cheap build, dire sound quality, and brightness.

You mean the latest (cheaper) model that we can buy right now?
---
Spiel Macht Frei.