Does anybody know if Nintendo is going to release a new 3DS soon?

#11RazieruPosted 1/29/2013 10:43:05 AM
lambrusco posted...
Razieru posted...

and let's not forget the horrid short comings of the budget 3DS XL - cheap build, dire sound quality, and brightness.

You mean the latest (cheaper) model that we can buy right now?

Absolutely. Now, this thing basically cost Nintendo twenty cents to make, given its extremely low budget build. You're better off holding out for the inevitable revision.

While there ARE significant pluses to the 3DS XL, the significant negatives are simply too overwhelming to justify a purchase of it, let alone justify it as an "upgrade".
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#12lambrusco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 10:55:30 AM
Yeah, I think I'll wait, I should add that I do have a classic 3DS right now, so it's not like I'm missing out at the moment.

Pretty sure they will release a new one (same shell, look) but with better components, they did it with the Advance SP.
---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#13yankee6903Posted 1/29/2013 11:00:20 AM
lambrusco posted...
Yeah, I think I'll wait, I should add that I do have a classic 3DS right now, so it's not like I'm missing out at the moment.

Pretty sure they will release a new one (same shell, look) but with better components, they did it with the Advance SP.

Well that changes everything ITT. If you already have a 3DS then just wait!
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#14PokeCrisPosted 1/29/2013 11:05:17 AM
A sale at a store doesn't mean anything, Nintendo didn't tell them to have the sale, it was the said store decision. Nothing suspicious about that.
---
3DS FC: 0430-8439-5209
#15pikachupwnagePosted 1/29/2013 11:08:50 AM
lambrusco posted...
The 3DS XL is 40$ off at futureshop, (that's 160$!).

I'm really tempted to buy one but I can't help but think they are getting ready to receive a new model, some people are telling me it's going to be a dual Analog version.

The 3DS is selling very well, 40$ off just like that seems suspicious.

This post is incredibly stupid.

Its a freaking sale at a single store and the XL just released about six or so months ago and is selling well.

Its foolish to think a new model is launching anytime soon. Maybe in a year or so but not now.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png
#16lambrusco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:12:42 AM
Well, sorry I got you all upset. hate to ruin your day.
---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#17SagadegoPosted 1/29/2013 11:29:17 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
lambrusco posted...
The 3DS XL is 40$ off at futureshop, (that's 160$!).

I'm really tempted to buy one but I can't help but think they are getting ready to receive a new model, some people are telling me it's going to be a dual Analog version.

The 3DS is selling very well, 40$ off just like that seems suspicious.

This post is incredibly stupid.

Its a freaking sale at a single store and the XL just released about six or so months ago and is selling well.

Its foolish to think a new model is launching anytime soon. Maybe in a year or so but not now.

---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#18JunT1986Posted 1/29/2013 11:41:51 AM
I can't see them adding a duel analog stick if Nintendo comes out with a third version of the 3DS.

Everyone complained about the PSP for having one analog stick and wished the next redesign would have two analog sticks.
Never happened.

Besides you can go out and buy the Circle Pad Pro if you really need another analog stick. At least nintendo gave you an option while Sony didn't.
#19lambrusco(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:45:52 AM(edited)
I know a dual analog version is not likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if they release the same XL but with better screens/speakers. Judging from what I'm reading on this board, they're inferior to the classic 3DS.

Really it's not that crazy to suspect that they'd at least revise that.
---
Spiel Macht Frei.