Handheld vs. consoles, which is better?

#1funguy10Posted 1/29/2013 11:11:40 AM
Ok i'm curious as to which you think is better. also feel free to add why you think it's better. so i'll start. i'm going with handhelds. i just bought a 3DSXL dec.24. previous to that i had 360,ps3,wii. so here's why i say handhelds.

handhelds i dont get the rod issues. i've gone through 6 360 systems. also the 3DS games hold info equal to a cd game. the games on handhelds are very good. the prics for system and games. is half of the consoles. also i can very easily take it anywhere i go. the games lokk and play great. the only minus is recharging its battery.

so overall my vote goes to handhelds. i can play them anywhere. the games are now equal to the consoles. how do you vote and why? thanks for your input. :)
#2danny5329Posted 1/29/2013 11:14:50 AM
As i grew older i've felt like i've been Casualized. Nowdays i cant even play a console game for more than 2 hours.

I've stopped playing my PS3 for ages now and only played my 3DS XL now. Glad that Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey IV , Castlevania and MH : U are not far away. That way i can play a portable game anywhere and whenever i want and just put it to sleep with ease.
#3yankee6903Posted 1/29/2013 11:19:30 AM
Truly depends on the person. Someone who rides buses, trains, in school, or travels likely prefers handhelds.

Personally I used to only play consoles. Now its about 50/50. I usually play my 3DS or VIta for an hour and then swap to my PS3 to play Walking Dead or something.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#4LinkMaster2703Posted 1/29/2013 11:23:41 AM
I love both but I'd have to go with handheld, simply out of the fact that I like to watch TV while playing video games.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/C_Dalke
#5Deoxys_PrimePosted 1/29/2013 11:27:19 AM
I do my fair share of both. As long as there are games I like I'll play anything. Sometimes I'll spend weeks on my console. Sometimes I'll go to PC gaming. Other times I'll go back to my handhelds for a while. I mostly just play for RPGs or other titles that seriously interest me.
---
Pokemon Black 2: 1206 8347 0149
#6EvonfirePosted 1/29/2013 11:33:28 AM
The 3ds XL revived my long-forgotten love on handhelds. Seriously the last handheld I owned was the GBA. I was all about high-def big screen ps3 gaming and what not. Unfortinitly not pc gaming because i wasnt willing to buy a gaming pc. Uhmm.. but yeah.. the 3ds brought back my love for Nintendo and now I play my 3ds everyday and am constantly amazec by the quality of games on it. They are new gaming experiences and the 3d combined with the touch screen makes for some very unique gaming experiences.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#7funguy10(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 11:45:28 AM
i would like to add that i feel the market is changing. it seems to me. next gen consoles will be even more expensive. when you factor in cost and portability. it's not hard to see handhelds being compition. also to less wear and tear on the tv set. tv repairs/replacements can be costly. :)
#8KAMMYqueenPosted 1/29/2013 11:52:04 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
I love both but I'd have to go with handheld, simply out of the fact that I like to watch TV while playing video games.

"looks at wii U"
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa for Super Smash Bros
U
#9moogle69Posted 1/29/2013 11:52:50 AM
danny5329 posted...
As i grew older i've felt like i've been Casualized. Nowdays i cant even play a console game for more than 2 hours.

I've stopped playing my PS3 for ages now and only played my 3DS XL now. Glad that Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey IV , Castlevania and MH : U are not far away. That way i can play a portable game anywhere and whenever i want and just put it to sleep with ease.

I dont think you have been casualised as I am in a same situation as you, I too used to play games in consoles for only half and hour or some times one hour and I recently purchased xenoblade and I couldnt stop playing that game, abou 6/5/4 hours each time I play it or more abd figured that quality of games of today has dropped significantly. I have been purchasing alot of VC and PSN classucs and have been playing them for hours on end. Not to mention the HD versions of ps2 games as well.

I am just so sure its the quality of the ges have veen reduced by a huge margin that it cant hold gamers interest for too long. Its sad really.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#10Plasma EXEPosted 1/29/2013 12:20:05 PM
Hand-helds seem to be the way to go for me. It's cheaper overall and still has a lot of high quality games (plus can be played anywhere). I'm finding it a little hard put $60 towards a Wii-U game today unless it's something I know will hold me up for awhile (Monster Hunter Ultimate).
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336