Handheld vs. consoles, which is better?

#21jordandrakoPosted 1/29/2013 9:00:30 PM
I prefer PC, but I play with friends on my Xbox and take my 3DS to school and bed.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.0Ghz | Gigabyte GTX670 | M4 128GB SSD | 2.5TB HDD | DDR3 1600 8GB | 520W
http://imgur.com/a/uSBwE
#22MereMarePosted 1/30/2013 12:08:39 AM
Personally I used to play consoles. But nowadays I go for handhelds which allow me to play for short bursts of time.
---
Zelda is an ACTION-ADVENTURE, not an RPG!!!
Japan is the center of the gaming universe.
#23WizardofHothPosted 1/30/2013 1:14:32 AM
Handheld is better in so many ways. Reasons why

-gaming on the go
-not raising the electricity
-i get more absorbed in handheld games for hours while I get bored sitting and watching a 30 minute FMV in Metal Gear Solid 2 or something
#24funguy10(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 1:52:28 AM
thanks to everyone who got back. i find the handhelds are coming out with great games now. also no clutter up dashboards. no added expenses like xbl. you get backwards compatability too. if tv needs repair. you can still play. it is interesting to read how all of you feel. my thanks to those of you who took the time to write your thoughts. take care and have a great day. :)
#25xellos667Posted 1/30/2013 5:36:50 AM
danny5329 posted...
As i grew older i've felt like i've been Casualized. Nowdays i cant even play a console game for more than 2 hours.

I've stopped playing my PS3 for ages now and only played my 3DS XL now. Glad that Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey IV , Castlevania and MH : U are not far away. That way i can play a portable game anywhere and whenever i want and just put it to sleep with ease.

second poster is exactly like me.
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#26SkaldskaparmalPosted 1/30/2013 5:45:50 AM
These days, the handhelds get most of the interesting looking games, whereas consoles/PC mostly just get the games that are meant for "wider audiences", so I'd go with handhelds.
#27funguy10(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 11:00:09 AM
yeah i'm finding that the handhelds are getting more creative. using a stylus for example. also, looking at the library of games, the DS and 3DS, have a great variety of games out. instead of a COD type. we get jther games too. things like; the hardyboys, puzzle kingdoms, wide variety of rpgs, heck all sorts of very cool games. i'm noticing the games are more fun overall. the consoles lack variety. the handhelds have variety. both in games and how unique you play them. :)
#28BatenKait0sPosted 1/30/2013 11:40:46 AM
I haven't played a console as much as a handheld since the glory days of the Game Cube. Handheld gaming has become what console gaming used to be about.
---
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS); Cave Story (DS)
#29Doomion33Posted 1/30/2013 11:49:57 AM
I feel like I have to have a lot of time to devote to playing a console game. With handhelds, I can pick up and play for a short burst of time. Handhelds have become my preferred way to play.
---
www.youtube.com/comicfire
Final Fantasy IV: Advance
#30Freelance_WolfPosted 1/30/2013 12:14:50 PM(edited)
Handhelds for convenience. I can play it anywhere.

---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."