Do you guys agree that the 3DS is the greatest Nintendo handheld of all time?

#41hulkamaniakzPosted 1/30/2013 12:35:53 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Ok, so I consider the DS the greatest handheld of all time, so on the day the 3ds was released that would mean the 3ds is the greatest handheld of all time because it can run all them old DS games?

If you don't consider the DS great because of its GBA compatibility, why wouldn't the 3DS be better than the DS for that reason? You have every great DS game plus the great 3DS games so far.

Because the 3ds should be judged for its own games, not those of the DS, it is unfair to call the 3ds the best handheld of all time due to the fact it can run DS games, by that theory the 3ds could have a bunch of crappy shovelware games on it and nothing else and still be called the best handheld of all time because it can play DS games, that doesn't mean the 3ds is the greatest handheld of all time, its means the DS is
#42randomshemsPosted 1/30/2013 12:50:04 AM
lulz my vote evened them out xD
#43SteelWingKnightPosted 1/30/2013 1:08:45 AM
randomshems posted...
lulz my vote evened them out xD

No longer!

Very strange to see a poll like this split exactly 50/50 though.
---
~I wish that this night time ~ Would last for a life time~
Now Playing: SWTOR, GW2
#44moogle69Posted 1/30/2013 1:10:32 AM
hulkamaniakz posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Ok, so I consider the DS the greatest handheld of all time, so on the day the 3ds was released that would mean the 3ds is the greatest handheld of all time because it can run all them old DS games?

If you don't consider the DS great because of its GBA compatibility, why wouldn't the 3DS be better than the DS for that reason? You have every great DS game plus the great 3DS games so far.

Because the 3ds should be judged for its own games, not those of the DS, it is unfair to call the 3ds the best handheld of all time due to the fact it can run DS games, by that theory the 3ds could have a bunch of crappy shovelware games on it and nothing else and still be called the best handheld of all time because it can play DS games, that doesn't mean the 3ds is the greatest handheld of all time, its means the DS is

Do you even know what a shovel ware is?
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#45n00bsaib0tPosted 1/30/2013 1:50:04 AM

When the DS can play GBA games, and there are some truly fantastic ones, your argument is 100% invalid. If the 3DS never sees another good game in its life span, the DS would be the superior system for playing DS and GBA games. If the 3DS library outshines the GBA's then the 3DS will be superior for playing 3DS and DS games. It's not hard to grasp, you're overcomplicating it by ignoring that the GBA factors into what makes the DS great.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#46RandomHeroPosted 1/30/2013 5:12:56 AM
considering the time it's been out, yes. for me it's the demos, vc, and eshop games that push it over the edge.
---
you're it
#47xellos667Posted 1/30/2013 5:35:06 AM
At this point, yes, most definitely. I owned all the "main" Nintendo Handheld, and this is definitely the one I've spent the most time with ever, even to a point where I don't even want to play console games anymore.
---
My digital 3DS games collection and slow progression beating them:
http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#48hulkamaniakzPosted 1/30/2013 5:58:41 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...

When the DS can play GBA games, and there are some truly fantastic ones, your argument is 100% invalid. If the 3DS never sees another good game in its life span, the DS would be the superior system for playing DS and GBA games. If the 3DS library outshines the GBA's then the 3DS will be superior for playing 3DS and DS games. It's not hard to grasp, you're overcomplicating it by ignoring that the GBA factors into what makes the DS great.

Honestly I'm not going to bother arguing against someone who is just ignoring logic, your logic would be like saying the PS2 is better then the gamecube just because it can also run all of them PSX games, its an unfair advantage, and I'm sure others agree, but I am quite sure your a 3ds fanboy so theres no point explaining this
#49StephenYap3Posted 1/30/2013 9:02:47 AM
Battery life aside, yeah.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#50themegaman7Posted 1/30/2013 9:06:38 AM
If it was region free, then it sure would have potential to do so eventually if games keep on coming like this. Still would have long ways to go to beat DS.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -