So many 3DS' sold, yet only 1-2 releases a month

#1SoulOniPosted 1/29/2013 2:14:37 PM
1-2 Releases a month would be great if you could guarantee those releases would be interesting, but... After Fire Emblem, I don't see much else in the coming months.

You would expect it to be like the DS in terms of releases. What's going on Nintendo?!
---
X360 GT: Souloni
Playing: Gears of War 3, SSF4:AE, SF3
#2mabber_IIIPosted 1/29/2013 2:15:54 PM
western devs are completely snubbing the 3ds, even tho gunman clive sold more on the 3ds than ios
#3vu_cometPosted 1/29/2013 2:20:42 PM
Don't worry you will be busy playing Fire Emblem for awhile.
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#4MrAntike184Posted 1/29/2013 2:25:49 PM
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pokemon X
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Project X Zone
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon.

Your topic is now invalid.
---
3DS FC: 1289-8257-7341. 3DS name: Mr.X
#5SoulOni(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 2:32:19 PM
"Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Pokemon X
Project X Zone

Your topic is now invalid."

Ok, 3-4 releases, counting small titles and shovel ware...

I'm not saying that the 3DS has no games (look at my Vita... 1 game every 2 months?), but out of the 3-4 titles we get per month they are all extremely niche or spin-off/shovelware.

What happened to the days where we'd get 6-8 releases a month? That guaranteed a slice for everyone.
---
X360 GT: Souloni
Playing: Gears of War 3, SSF4:AE, SF3
#6n00bsaib0tPosted 1/29/2013 2:33:57 PM
Those are ALL highly anticipated releases, and you're going to call them small titles and shovelware? TC confirmed for troll.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#7JonbazookabozPosted 1/29/2013 2:37:19 PM
SoulOni posted...
"Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Pokemon X
Project X Zone

Your topic is now invalid."

Ok, 3-4 releases, counting small titles and shovel ware...

I'm not saying that the 3DS has no games (look at my Vita... 1 game every 2 months?), but out of the 3-4 titles we get per month they are all extremely niche or spin-off/shovelware.

What happened to the days where we'd get 6-8 releases a month? That guaranteed a slice for everyone.

6-8 a month? Def a troll
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#8UncleGrubbyPosted 1/29/2013 3:05:29 PM
I dont care if the dude is a troll or not. He's kinda right. Yeah, that's a great list of games if your between 10 to 16 and haven't already played the crap out of the other games in those franchises, most of which are just incremental upgrades to their previous release or just plain stale and tired.

Honestly, they are fairly niche franchises and don't appeal to a large sunset of 3ds owners at all. For many of us the calender is barren. The DS and GBA were pumping out a much greater number of monthly titles for a wider audience by this time in its life.

The vita has it worse seeing how many of the few releases it does have
are inferior ports of games on ps3.

The reason for this is clear, at least in the West: mobile has come and is king. Why bother developing for handheld consoles when ios and android have massive install bases of credit card users and mobile games are cheaper to make and more profitable. Yeah, gunman clive outsold on 3ds but that's because the eshop is thin and ios drowns smaller games out with its huge flow of releases.
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 1/29/2013 3:13:32 PM
i agree with this. there's like one fantastic title every 2-3 months with not a lot inbetween. if nintendo can up the rate which titles come out just a little bit, i'd be a lot happier. unfortunately, it looks like this is also affecting the wii u which really pisses me off, as i don't want 2 nintendo consoles with long gaps between good releases.
#10Catcher_FreemanPosted 1/29/2013 3:14:26 PM
The DS had it worse.
---
The mac daddy of the Pokemon Black 2 board.