So many 3DS' sold, yet only 1-2 releases a month

#21xenos74Posted 1/29/2013 4:09:41 PM
UncleGrubby posted...
xenos74 posted...
UncleGrubby posted...
I dont care if the dude is a troll or not. He's kinda right. Yeah, that's a great list of games if your between 10 to 16 and haven't already played the crap out of the other games in those franchises, most of which are just incremental upgrades to their previous release or just plain stale and tired.

Honestly, they are fairly niche franchises and don't appeal to a large sunset of 3ds owners at all. For many of us the calender is barren. The DS and GBA were pumping out a much greater number of monthly titles for a wider audience by this time in its life.

The vita has it worse seeing how many of the few releases it does have
are inferior ports of games on ps3.

The reason for this is clear, at least in the West: mobile has come and is king. Why bother developing for handheld consoles when ios and android have massive install bases of credit card users and mobile games are cheaper to make and more profitable. Yeah, gunman clive outsold on 3ds but that's because the eshop is thin and ios drowns smaller games out with its huge flow of releases.

So you're saying the calender is barren then say mobile games are king? Its hard to take that post seriously, no offense.

A lot of 3ds owners have been waiting for these titles for a good while, specifically MH and Luigis Mansion

What are you talking about? How is that a contradiction? When I say mobile I mean cell phones dumb dumb.

That's exactly the point, most phone games are shovelware. They definitely have their gems but with the amount of games they pump out, they gotta hit gold every once in a while.

The 3ds is getting a ton of quality titles within the first half of the year and you say the calendar is "barren" then say most 3ds users are 10-16, lol
#22OoSubaruoOPosted 1/29/2013 4:19:32 PM
ceedofevil posted...
Between 10-16? 70% of 3DS owners? Where did you pull these statistics from?

His butt.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#23legendarylemurPosted 1/29/2013 4:30:50 PM
SoulOni posted...
"Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Pokemon X
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Project X Zone
Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon.

Your topic is now invalid."

Ok, 3-4 releases, counting small titles and shovel ware...

I'm not saying that the 3DS has no games (look at my Vita... 1 game every 2 months?), but out of the 3-4 titles we get per month they are all extremely niche or spin-off/shovelware.

What happened to the days where we'd get 6-8 releases a month? That guaranteed a slice for everyone.

How are any of those games small titles or shovelwares...
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
Catch the Rainbow
#24OoSubaruoOPosted 1/29/2013 4:50:57 PM
legendarylemur posted...
SoulOni posted...
Pokemon X
Project X Zone

I'm not saying that the 3DS has no games (look at my Vita... 1 game every 2 months?), but out of the 3-4 titles we get per month they are all extremely niche or spin-off/shovelware.

What happened to the days where we'd get 6-8 releases a month? That guaranteed a slice for everyone.

He's either very ignorant, or trolling.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#25hpl138Posted 1/29/2013 4:51:20 PM
Wow people have such short memories.

When the original DS came out the lineup was extremely sparse for a year or two. Then things kicked into high gear.

Actually the 3DS just started to hit it's stride.

Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey 4, Castlevania, Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei, and Luigi are all games that people seem to be excited about coming out over the next few months.
#26DeGamer81Posted 1/29/2013 6:08:01 PM
I guess everyone forgot about Soul Hackers.
#27omegaslash14Posted 1/29/2013 6:37:20 PM
UncleGrubby posted...
Stefan1277 posted...
It's the end of the first month of the year, and those titles up there are just the beginning of what's to come. More stuff will be announced, more stuff will be on the works, more stuff will be localized.

Not soon enough.

Believe me, monster hunting, dungeon grinding and life sims are not appealing to 70% of the owners. Etrian Odyssey, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter 3 and Fire Emblem do not offer much new to those that do play those franchises.

Love how you pull BS statistics out of your ass, those games are some most well known among hardcore gamers, not to mention the just completely ignorant statement you make about the games adding nothing to the franchise.
---
3DS FC: 0817-3744-5436 Name: Mugen
Add Meh
#28SagadegoPosted 1/29/2013 6:38:17 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
legendarylemur posted...
SoulOni posted...
Pokemon X
Project X Zone

He's either very ignorant, or trolling.

or both i say.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#29king_darksPosted 1/29/2013 6:49:36 PM
This is hilarious! The trolls are getting kicked in the nuts before they even get the chance to get started. They really need a new gimmick.
---
School days are back.