am i gonna regret for not getting a screen protector for my XL ?

#1Dual-Shock3Posted 1/30/2013 2:39:26 AM
just got a new XL , decided not to buy a screen protector due to the difficulty of applying it. I suck at applying sp to any kind of handheld.

Will i regret later or is the screen alone durable enough ? I do clean the stylus' tip everytime b4 using it.
#2blablablax17Posted 1/30/2013 4:57:35 AM
Just dont be an idiot and gouge out your screen
It doesnt take very much pressure to register the touch screen, you can even lightly use your fingernail (which is what i do most of the time)

I honestly dont understand how anyone's scratched any touchscreen ever...
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#3marioparty17Posted 1/30/2013 5:29:33 AM
just go ask the people who put screen protectors on phones, fix them with a couple bucks for there trouble, trust me, it will help in the long run.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#4GoodOlJrPosted 1/30/2013 11:15:20 AM
I don't think you'll regret it. You might get the odd scratch, **** happens.

I just use my phone naked now, same with the 3ds
#5funguy10Posted 1/30/2013 11:23:44 AM
i dont use them, my girlfriend and her kids dont either. so dont worry. remember these things are built with kids in mind.

i've seen a youtube vid on how durable the 3DSXL is. it was dropped from 4ft onto a concrete sidewalk. closed, open on back, open on side and open on its face! surprisingly nothing happened but shallow scratches on its shell.
#6esoteric42Posted 1/30/2013 12:34:06 PM
I would suggest getting a screen protector. If you have trouble applying them, I can only imagine what a klutz you must be in general, and therefore will likely scratch the screen anyway.

Screen protectors are not difficult to apply with a little bit of time and patience.

I always use screen protectors after my OG DS touch screen was scratched, but I had an extended warranty with Best Buy and traded it in for a DS lite.

Either way, you pay the same amount. Extended warranties are about the same price as a screen protector.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#7CressDXXPosted 1/30/2013 12:40:49 PM
you will regret it when you buy a game that uses the touchscreen 90% procent of the time
---
3DS FC: 4425-1804-8511
XBOX360 GT: CressDX
#8Termin8rPosted 1/30/2013 5:20:34 PM
No matter how careful you are, it's going to eventually get scratched since the screens are made of plastic and not glass like many modern touch devices. I put a protector on my DS Lite when I first got it and to this day it still remains as pristine as the day I bought it thanks to that small investment I made. I played 100% touch games such as Cooking Mama and Elite Beat Agents on it extensively, so yeah it does get scratched at some point.

Definitely go for a protector the XL, and do your best to be careful about the application, as it does indeed takes caution and patience. I had small specks of... whatever it was underneath my XL touch screen protector the first time I tried to apply it and the top screen ended up crooked, but with a bit of tape, I managed to correct them and now it looks like a perfect installation. No air bubbles, no dust, no nothing.

To me, it's just having peace of mind knowing I can use the touch screen without worry is enough for me to want to always make sure I've got them on.
---
http://i41.tinypic.com/2yxi5h5.gif
#9thompsontalker7Posted 1/30/2013 5:25:08 PM
Do it, even with moderate use there's still dust and other stuff that is on the screen when you slide or touch with the stylus that will scratch it.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#10zavlinzPosted 1/30/2013 5:31:12 PM
iv had a ds for close to 5 years. Never used a screen protector, and theres no scratches noticeable while playing, or anything that impedes my gameplay for any reason.
I cant imagine this will be different for the 3dsxl