am i gonna regret for not getting a screen protector for my XL ?

#1190sRetroGamingPosted 1/30/2013 4:33:38 PM
zavlinz posted...
iv had a ds for close to 5 years. Never used a screen protector, and theres no scratches noticeable while playing, or anything that impedes my gameplay for any reason.
I cant imagine this will be different for the 3dsxl

Have you tried holding it up to light?
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#12poptarts22Posted 1/30/2013 4:38:04 PM
zavlinz posted...
iv had a ds for close to 5 years. Never used a screen protector, and theres no scratches noticeable [b]while playing, or anything that impedes my gameplay for any reason.[/b]

So many people claim that you don't need screen protectors, but those same people never hold their systems under the light at a certain angle to see all the microfine scratches that occur REGARDLESS of how careful you are. As a poster above said, the DS uses plastic, not Gorilla glass. Plastic on plastic WILL scratch in some form.

It's really just a matter of if you're willing to pay $10 to make your $200 investment look brand new 5 years down the line when you peel the protector off or if you are like the quoted poster who doesn't care about the scratches as long as they aren't visible while playing with the backlight on.
#13zavlinzPosted 1/30/2013 4:44:15 PM
like i said: not noticeable when playing. I dont care if its got a billion scratches that are visible under a magnifying glass. If it doesnt affect my play experience, i dont care.
#14OoSubaruoOPosted 1/30/2013 4:46:35 PM
poptarts22 posted...
zavlinz posted...
iv had a ds for close to 5 years. Never used a screen protector, and theres no scratches noticeable [b]while playing, or anything that impedes my gameplay for any reason.[/b]

So many people claim that you don't need screen protectors, but those same people never hold their systems under the light at a certain angle to see all the microfine scratches that occur REGARDLESS of how careful you are. As a poster above said, the DS uses plastic, not Gorilla glass. Plastic on plastic WILL scratch in some form.

It's really just a matter of if you're willing to pay $10 to make your $200 investment look brand new 5 years down the line when you peel the protector off or if you are like the quoted poster who doesn't care about the scratches as long as they aren't visible while playing with the backlight on.

I've had a DSLite for over 8 years with no protector at all. I always put it under a light at certain angles and never saw any scratches. Don't make false claims.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#15OoSubaruoOPosted 1/30/2013 4:50:43 PM
esoteric42 posted...
I would suggest getting a screen protector. If you have trouble applying them, I can only imagine what a klutz you must be in general, and therefore will likely scratch the screen anyway.

Screen protectors are not difficult to apply with a little bit of time and patience.

I always use screen protectors after my OG DS touch screen was scratched, but I had an extended warranty with Best Buy and traded it in for a DS lite.

Either way, you pay the same amount. Extended warranties are about the same price as a screen protector.

What an ignorant thing to say. I've had trouble applying mine, that I basically gave up.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062