RUMOUR: SEGA to Announce New Sonic Game Next Month?

#1SagadegoPosted 1/30/2013 4:24:02 PM(edited)
http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/01/rumour-sega-to-announce-new-sonic-game-next-month/

Sources close to SEGA have informed The Sonic Stadium that the publisher intends to announce/tease a new game within the Sonic the Hedgehog series next month. Sonic fans will recall that February 2nd is of course what SEGA calls ‘Hedgehog Day’, a day the company usually likes to tease fans about upcoming Sonic games. However, one of our sources states that the game won’t be announced until mid-February, while another just says we “will hear about it from official sources next month”. It’s likely SEGA could tease a reveal on Hedgehog Day and make a proper announcement later in the month.

One source has shared what they allege to be details about the new game. The game’s title doesn’t appear to be finalized yet, but its platforms are. It will be released on Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, 3DS, PS Vita, PC, and “Next gen” consoles. This source says anything involving these new consoles is strictly confidential to people at the top of the company, so they unfortunately don’t have any information to share about those versions. As for the other versions, the source states the console, PC and PS Vita versions will be identical aside from the graphical differences, while the 3DS version will be another Sonic Rush styled game.

closed old one by mistake.

also

Sonic Team to do Internet Live Stream, February 2nd/3rd

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/01/sonic-team-to-do-internet-live-stream-february-2nd3rd/
thanx to Rurouni720

---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#2pariah164Posted 1/30/2013 4:09:53 PM
Zero bucks given.
---
The Original Pari - Accept Nothing Less (Innocent Until Proven Evil)
Keeping this in my sig until a new Phoenix Wright game is released in the US!
#3poptarts22Posted 1/30/2013 4:13:58 PM
No one has cared since 1991.
#4toad133Posted 1/30/2013 4:14:03 PM
It's Sonic Adventure 3.

>all the domains SEGA listed saying Sonic Adventure 3
>one of the composers they got for both Adventure games (specifically the guy who did Knuckle's themes) posted a tweet stating he was working with SEGA to make music for a new Sonic game
---
Not changing this sig till Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon is announced for VC.
Started: 16th of August 2008 13:27pm.
#5TransdudePosted 1/30/2013 4:15:02 PM
Again, I'll ask:

Why the f*** can't we get any 3D platforming games besides Rayman 3D and Skylanders?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#6Sagadego(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:18:56 PM
Transdude posted...
Again, I'll ask:

Why the f*** can't we get any 3D platforming games besides Rayman 3D and Skylanders?

cause sega is too cheap and rather farm the 3ds one out to dimps.
---
Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#7Rurouni720Posted 1/30/2013 4:19:34 PM
You forgot this.

Sonic Team to do Internet Live Stream, February 2nd/3rd

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2013/01/sonic-team-to-do-internet-live-stream-february-2nd3rd/
#8Super SlashPosted 1/30/2013 4:21:09 PM(edited)
toad133 posted...
It's Sonic Adventure 3.

>one of the composers they got for both Adventure games (specifically the guy who did Knuckle's themes) posted a tweet stating he was working with SEGA to make music for a new Sonic game

Oh my god this will make my day if it's really SA3.

Then again, it's a Sonic game, so it's entirely possible they'll screw it up.
#9Sagadego(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 4:22:36 PM
Super Slash posted...
toad133 posted...
It's Sonic Adventure 3.

Oh my god this will make my day if it's really SA3.

Then again, it's a Sonic game, so it's entirely possible they'll screw it up.

sonic colors and generations says hi.
---
#10gamester_12345Posted 1/30/2013 4:24:44 PM(edited)
I dunno what makes Sonic Adventure...well, Sonic Adventure, i mean i could see it standing away from the original numbers due to the leap into 3D and the semi connecting plot between 1 and 2, but does it really need a 3rd game?

Space Colony Arc's eclipse cannon was supposed to be used on Black Doom, just incase he pulled any funny buisness, Eggman however used it to blow up part of the Moon, allthough i never played Shadow the Hedgehog, did Sonic&Shadow teleport the cannon back to its original place when they used Chaos Control?

Plus with Shadow being created 50 year ago and placed into stasis, how did Gerald Robotnik manage to get the Hedgehog DNA if there are no other Hedgehogs that old in the series? I mean even Sonic is about 15 years old or so, and i don't see them disrupting the game's dynamic by introducing Sonic's Parents....

I guess i could see Shadow's "father" being Silver, but... Sonic 06 Retconned itself at the end, though SEGA seems to have fondness for the characters atleast and bought him back in Generations...and appears in the flesh at the end, though Silver can travel through time, would it possible that HE is Shadow's father?

Again, never played 06 neither.

---
RSN: Plucky9, Total: 2340
KoL: Plucky, currently a Accordion Thief