why does Nintendo not release VC games for snes or gba?

#1UncleGrubbyPosted 1/30/2013 5:41:15 PM
Snes Emulation is nothing and clearly the GBA VC is ready to go since ambassadors have 10 games. But even if they hold to the ambassador exclusivity for those titles, where are the rest? Why not fill in the release droughts with sure-fire sellers? Why waste everyone's time with extremely dated NES and GB titles?

I read some blip about GBA games coming to the Wii-U VC. THE WII-U!! What is going on??
#2TransdudePosted 1/30/2013 5:46:58 PM
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/08/turok_developer_wants_to_see_n64_versions_on_virtual_console

This could be one of the issues.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3iMURDAuPosted 1/30/2013 5:50:19 PM
Cashflow problems. Namely what to do with all the incoming cashflow that would result from SNES and GBA games being released on the eShop. It would be too overwhelming for Nintendo to handle and thus we are doomed.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
3DS FC: 1977-1514-4983, PM if you add me
#4Baha05Posted 1/30/2013 5:53:28 PM
Possible Legal Issues for some games, maybe they are planing the merge both eShop and Wii U's shop, laziness (with how we have only 6 out of 10 ambassador NES games finished over the course of a year doesn't help)
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#5SMASHKING84Posted 1/30/2013 5:55:09 PM
this is why legit emulation sucks... i shouldn't have to wait years hoping to get a game i may never get. And no i don't emulate games unless i already own legit copies(which is perfectly legal according to the ESA's website)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
"I'll wait for you here it what princess do from what i understand it's kind of a family tradition."
#6UncleGrubby(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 6:09:33 PM
It just seems so simple to me to supplement revenue with these VC titles people actually want. They literally just slap the rom in there, bug check and make a few banners and icons. It's like the 3d classics. They stopped making them because they weren't that profitable but that's cause they put out crap like Xevious instead of Mario.

I've never understood Nintendo logic. Almost 2 years in, what are they waiting for?
#7SMASHKING84Posted 1/30/2013 6:14:43 PM
UncleGrubby posted...
It just seems so simple to me to supplement revenue with these VC titles people actually want. They literally just slap the rom in there, bug check and make a few banners and icons. It's like the 3d classics. They stopped making them because they weren't that profitable but that's cause they put out crap like Xevious instead of Mario.

I've never understood Nintendo logic. Almost 2 years in, what are they waiting for?

there logic is "let's wait several years to release every game people will want so that'll buy other games while waiting" and every time they start vc on a new platform they hit the reset button.

It makes no sense to me...
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
"I'll wait for you here it what princess do from what i understand it's kind of a family tradition."
#8Akira502002Posted 1/30/2013 7:54:02 PM
I just want super mario world on my 3ds
---
PSN: senbonzakura713
#9Tw1L1ghtSpaklePosted 1/30/2013 7:55:31 PM
I wish Nintendo would hurry up with this too.
#10KneekickerPosted 1/30/2013 8:00:46 PM
I for one don't want them yet, the GB, NES and 3DSWare games are murdering my wallet with games I want right now. In fact for me the eshop is worse than the Steam Summer/Winter sales at the moment.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6117-3933 PSN: ansonip2000
Official Take-Mikazuchi of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.