why does Nintendo not release VC games for snes or gba?

#21TransdudePosted 1/31/2013 4:45:52 PM
shmirlywhirl posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
this is why legit emulation sucks... i shouldn't have to wait years hoping to get a game i may never get. And no i don't emulate games unless i already own legit copies(which is perfectly legal according to the ESA's website)

Unless you rip them yourself, you are still breaking the law.
Downloading roms, even if you own the game, is still considered illegal distribution.

http://acidsquirrel.com/fs/i/2013/01/23/eccf793ffe8fadb0c5348fa75ffee8.jpg
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#22RazieruPosted 1/31/2013 4:47:11 PM
UncleGrubby posted...
Snes Emulation is nothing and clearly the GBA VC is ready to go since ambassadors have 10 games.

Tell this to lazy and inept Nintendo. They are more focused on countless remakes for the 3DS/Wii U, shovel-ware, and struggling to bring everything west. What do they care and know about bringing the very best eras to a current portable?

But even if they hold to the ambassador exclusivity for those titles, where are the rest?

Didn't you see it? They are on the Wii U's VC. How's that for a genius move?

Why not fill in the release droughts with sure-fire sellers?

Because they are also too busy pumping out all those overrated titles to come: Fire Emblem Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, etc. Everything else is either in other countries, or coming much later this year.

Why waste everyone's time with extremely dated NES and GB titles?

Again, you're questioning their ineptitude. Aside from all the bs excuses for how it would be "bad business" to release SNES/GBA games and others that will effortlessly sell like hotcakes and make the E-Shop worthwhile for once, it's simply a no-brainer Nintendo could care less to have some sense to consider, let alone follow through with.

I read some blip about GBA games coming to the Wii-U VC. THE WII-U!! What is going on??

That's that "risky business" everyone was bsing about. It goes along with the horribly flawed logic people carried on their waists moments before claiming that portable VC releases would remain on a portable, while console VC releases would remain on a console. It's amazing how that "logic" turned out.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#23SMASHKING84Posted 1/31/2013 4:50:51 PM
Transdude posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
this is why legit emulation sucks... i shouldn't have to wait years hoping to get a game i may never get. And no i don't emulate games unless i already own legit copies(which is perfectly legal according to the ESA's website)

Downloading roms, even if you own the game, is still considered illegal distribution.

http://acidsquirrel.com/fs/i/2013/01/23/eccf793ffe8fadb0c5348fa75ffee8.jpg

lol
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
"I'll wait for you here it what princess do from what i understand it's kind of a family tradition."
#242258lazAPosted 1/31/2013 4:58:09 PM
Guys, game developers are like the mods on this site. They don't know any better.
#25LottoStudPosted 1/31/2013 5:56:52 PM
the key factors are laziness and stupidity
---
Two shots of whatever
#26smb3masterPosted 2/3/2013 5:29:17 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
shmirlywhirl posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

it'd be impossible to prove i downloaded them though... besides that's stupid there's absolutely no difference between downloading and ripping the game yourself.

Granted we can't prove it, but according to the ESA's website: (found in the anti-piracy FAQ)

U.S. Copyright laws permit making a "backup" copy of computer programs for archival purposes. However, the right to make backup copies of computer programs for archival purposes, as embodied in 17 U.S.C. Section 117(2), does not in any way authorize the owner of a copy of a video or computer game to post or download a copy of that game to or from the Internet or make such copy available to other people for their use.
#27Baha05Posted 2/3/2013 5:54:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]