Bravely Default vs Ni no Kuni

#1Semi45aPosted 1/30/2013 9:01:40 PM
Which is a better game overall for those of you that have played both handheld versions? Aka Japanese speakers
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2ferofaxPosted 1/30/2013 9:21:42 PM
Kind of unfair, seeing as Ninokuni on the DS is limited by the platform.

But I'd choose Ninokuni for the sole reason that it's just... Ghibli.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#3Semi45a(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 9:24:53 PM
I don't think it should matter. a good game makes a good game, not the system its on.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#4HeroicSomaCruzPosted 1/30/2013 9:25:32 PM
I just can't wait for Bravely Default to come out in the west this year.
---
http://tinyurl.com/ckb9ykw
http://www.gamerhandles.com/sig/Durango.jpg
#5ValzacardXPosted 1/30/2013 9:25:44 PM
What is this Nintendo RPG vs Ni no Kuni day?

Already have the Xenoblade topic, maybe make this topic when the game is actually released here.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#6moogle69Posted 1/30/2013 9:39:47 PM
An ok rpg released ob an soby platform abd soby fanboys are all over it, saying its best rpg in existent this gen.

Apparently ganes like..

List odyssey
Blue dragon
Xenoblade
Last story

Dusagree.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSP/PS3 PSN ID: snoteat01 WIIU ID: Chaosking
Currently playing: Xenoblade, SMG2, Dissidia012, Radiant H, TOTA3DS, R&CHD, OkamiHD
#7Mascara_SnakePosted 1/30/2013 9:39:57 PM
I don't think it should matter. a good game makes a good game, not the system its on.

It matters. There's content missing from the DS version. Also, a huge part of the appeal to the game is the fact that Ghibli is behind the art direction. The game is beautiful on the PS3, and obviously much is lost through it being on the DS.
---
Steam: Giever
3DS: 2707-2677-5299
#8lanifPosted 1/30/2013 9:45:19 PM
you do know that ni no kuni on p3s is a director's cut version and they don't play the same at least to my knowledge
---
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
#9badboyPosted 1/30/2013 11:19:42 PM(edited)
I'm playing NnK on the PS3 and it is AMAZING. It actually is very similar to Dragon Quest IX (except for the battle system). Anyway, I think Bravely Default is also a great game (kinda more like Final Fantasy than Dragon Quest), but haven't had the chance to play it. I'd buy BD day 1 if it gets localized.

@moogle, I have those four games but I like Ni no Kuni more.
#10Arsene-LupinPosted 1/30/2013 11:19:13 PM
NNK DS is... mediocre at best. The PS3 version is good, but fairly overrated due to the fact that the PS3 just doesn't have many good, or even mediocre JRPGs. That gives it a chance to shine. But the DS? Yikes.

Bravely Default is better by far. And I'm saying that having only played the game for 90 minutes or so.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."