The reason we haven't heard anything about a Bravely Default announcement

#1poptarts22Posted 1/31/2013 8:18:01 AM
I think the reason we haven't heard anything about a Bravely Default localization announcement is because it is one of the games that Nintendo will be helping publish in the West (like DQ VI and IX), and since Nintendo only likes giving out release info for games on a per-quarter basis, they haven't announced it yet (or are waiting until E3).

If Squenix WAS localizing it, they would have announced it months ago as they tend to not care how long people wait for releases.
#2poptarts22(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:18:44 AM
http://tinycartridge.com/post/41943722585/nintendo-helping-japanese-devs-bring-more-3ds
#3GloryChaosPosted 1/31/2013 8:23:34 AM
Apparently Nintendo said the same thing with the DS.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#4deimos91Posted 1/31/2013 9:11:00 AM
poptarts22 posted...
I think the reason we haven't heard anything about a Bravely Default localization announcement is because it is one of the games that Nintendo will be helping publish in the West (like DQ VI and IX), and since Nintendo only likes giving out release info for games on a per-quarter basis, they haven't announced it yet (or are waiting until E3).

If Squenix WAS localizing it, they would have announced it months ago as they tend to not care how long people wait for releases.

Well first we have to get DQMTW its 6 months older
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#5poptarts22(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 9:35:03 AM
deimos91 posted...
poptarts22 posted...

I'd imagine Nintendo isn't in a rush to localize direct competition for Pokemon X/Y this year.

They localized DQMJ2, but only because B/W had already been out for months and B/W2 were a year away.
#6deimos91Posted 1/31/2013 10:43:24 AM
poptarts22 posted...
deimos91 posted...
poptarts22 posted...

I'd imagine Nintendo isn't in a rush to localize direct competition for Pokemon X/Y this year.

They localized DQMJ2, but only because B/W had already been out for months and B/W2 were a year away.

Summer release and they know that they are fundamentally very different games
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#7Bahamut_10thPosted 1/31/2013 10:53:25 AM
Are people lazy or just think it's funny to say "Squenix" instead of Square-Enix?
#8shampoowarriorPosted 1/31/2013 11:40:27 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
Are people lazy or just think it's funny to say "Squenix" instead of Square-Enix?

Maybe they just realize people will understand what they're talking about either way and it does not make the slightest bit of difference which way they choose to write it
---
Official Alice of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#9hardknock55Posted 1/31/2013 11:48:37 AM
Hopefully this will be talked about at the next 3ds nintendo direct. Iwata did mention a future 3ds direct coming soon.
---
PSN:hardknock55
NintendoNetwork:RetroReese88
#10Bahamut_10thPosted 1/31/2013 11:51:22 AM
shampoowarrior posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Maybe they just realize people will understand what they're talking about either way and it does not make the slightest bit of difference which way they choose to write it

Pretty sure if someone started calling Skyward Sword Skword people would point out and make a big deal of it, so yes, it makes a difference.

Squenix is just stupid. Like the company or not, it's "Square-Enix"