Is it worth getting the Circle Pad Pro XL just as a 3DS XL grip?

#1Retroxgamer0Posted 1/31/2013 10:36:27 AM
im not terribly interested in using it for its second analog though i might if i ever bother with kingdom hearts, but is it worth getting htis thing mostly as a grip? does it make the XL too heavy to hold for someone with carpal tunnel? does it make the 3DS XL more comfortable? i love my ps vita grip and i couldnt live without it, but i dont see very many grips for the XL version of the 3DS.

lastly, when does this thing even come out in america? im not importing it even if it is worth it. thanks.
#2godslayer61Posted 1/31/2013 11:00:26 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
im not terribly interested in using it for its second analog though i might if i ever bother with kingdom hearts, but is it worth getting htis thing mostly as a grip? does it make the XL too heavy to hold for someone with carpal tunnel? does it make the 3DS XL more comfortable? i love my ps vita grip and i couldnt live without it, but i dont see very many grips for the XL version of the 3DS.

lastly, when does this thing even come out in america? im not importing it even if it is worth it. thanks.

i love it,the wait it ads is nice it doesnt feal like a feather anymore plus it makes resident evil-revelations a 100 times better but on kid icarus i cant get the analog stick to aim the reticule cause if i do then it also switches the left anlog to do the same thing.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#3JoeHigashi2000Posted 1/31/2013 12:11:41 PM
godslayer61 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...

i love it,the wait it ads is nice it doesnt feal like a feather anymore plus it makes resident evil-revelations a 100 times better but on kid icarus i cant get the analog stick to aim the reticule cause if i do then it also switches the left anlog to do the same thing.

Thumb stylus for KI:U is much more comfortable IMO.

@TC if you're not planning on playing the games that actually use the CPP I would advise a cheaper alternative at least until more games that use it release or until it's localized. I own both a CPP (got w/REvelations' release) and the CPP XL (imported when released in JP). If you don't mind the price then get it anyway.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#4Retroxgamer0(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 10:35:50 PM
that doesnt answer the question
#5Janus151Posted 2/1/2013 5:13:04 AM
Retroxgamer0 posted...

I wouldn't advice it for 1 sole reason:
The R button does not map to the "new" R button all the time when you have the Circle Pad Pro (or XL) when it is attached.
So basically, games that don't support it, you still have to reach inward to press the original R button. The new R button only works with games that support it. So in this sense, playing many games will be VERY awkward if you have to keep reaching in to press R button.
Hope that helps.