Dark wavy lines on my 3DS XL

#1SuPeRtRaShPosted 1/31/2013 12:30:44 PM
I bought the 3DS XL MK7 bundle last week and I can't help but notice that it's nearly impossible to get the sweet spot (especially in anything other than a game) without getting dark wavy lines across the screen, no matter how close/far I put it. It's less noticeable in some games, but it's still there. MK7 is actually not that bad, but Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is bad enough that I need to play it in 2D.

Is this normal? Do I just have bad eyes or something?
---
*BREAKING NEWS: Suicidal twin kills brother by mistake*
#2flipzasPosted 1/31/2013 1:41:30 PM(edited)
Those lines are part of the Parallax barrier in the 3DS screen. It's normal and it's only visible when you're not looking at the screen properly in 3D mode (tilting it or not in position).

Example of bad tilt and visible parallax barrier lines: http://thenerdinsurance.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/1c0b7afc3dscreen.jpg

If its there all the time or you can't find a position where it goes away in 3D mode then it might need to be repaired
#3SuPeRtRaSh(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 2:18:34 PM
Thanks for the info, although it's not exactly what I am seeing. It's more subtle than that, looks more like bands. Either way, I just find that the sweet spot is incredibly tight on this unit. I can actually get it that I don't see any lines, but ANY kind of movement from there brings in these dark, vertical and wavy shades from the sides.
---
*BREAKING NEWS: Suicidal twin kills brother by mistake*