It's time for advance wars already!

#1andizzle29662Posted 1/31/2013 2:20:19 PM
Intelligent systems has been busy with paper mario, pushmo, and FE, but it's time for a new advance wars. I don't care if its an eshop release, I need my advance wars fix lol.
I loved dual strike the most, and I hope that keep that art style. What do you think ?
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!
#2iLLsteezePosted 1/31/2013 2:30:37 PM
day one purchase
---
If you believe in jesus christ, but aren't a bigot, hypocrite, homophobe, divorced three times, or racist, put this in your sig. Amen.
#3themegaman7Posted 1/31/2013 2:37:41 PM
I'd like to see a new AW that is a mixture of DoA's Gameplay refinements and slightly more serious setting with the craploads of content Dual Strike provided.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -
#4Xenesis XenonPosted 1/31/2013 2:53:20 PM
Damn straight it is time.

And all I'd need to see from 3DS Advance Wars to be happy is for them to fix the ridiculous multiplayer problems of AW4 (Silly Random Wifi rules/map list and 10x10 restriction on the worldwide map trade service).

Perhaps expand out Design maps from the 50 maps to as many as the cart can hold...and save them onto the SD card of the 3DS so you can send them to people outside of wireless trade.

A new campaign would be well enjoyable too. Don't care too much about which aesthetic they use, both worked quite well.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#5jedinatPosted 1/31/2013 3:11:03 PM
I think I prefer Fire Emblem: Awakening.

I think my problem with Advance Wars is it sort of took me back way too much... felt like I was playing a turn based Command & Conquer or something, and I'm completely over those types of games... I think my problem is an aesthetics thing more than anything, lol.. the graphics and sound.

Maybe I'd like it if it went full anime and was like a Gundam (Seed) TBS game... with a narrative to match.
#6NeonYoshi11Posted 1/31/2013 3:18:23 PM
I couldn't stand Days of Ruins graphics.

Why did they slather Mud and yellow on everything ?

They had a cool Art Style......
#7DarthFloatyPosted 1/31/2013 3:24:23 PM
I'll buy it day one. I'd prefer something like the first 3 with some elements of days of ruin, rather than a days of ruin sequel.
#8FefnirOmega13Posted 1/31/2013 3:52:13 PM
I'd love a Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin sequel, but I'm not sure how it would pan out, most of the antagonists are dead save Tabitha/Larissa and Waylon/Finn) anyway, so it would have to be a totally new evil army out of nowhere.

That said, I think AW is the superior series to FE, really...
---
Bullet Hell fan, Cave and Touhou lover. <3 Patchouli Knowledge.
Playing: DeathSmiles, Fire Emblem 8, Rune Factory 3, Digimon World Dawn, Tales of Vesperia
#9COAndyPosted 1/31/2013 4:15:25 PM
keeping my fingers crossed...hope we hear something soon!
---
But you will remember this, a tragedy started with just one kiss http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4185/groupshot2editedbwtext.jpg
#10andizzle29662(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 5:15:03 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm beyond excited for fire emblem awakening, buying it day one, as I have a new love for the series. I just love AW, and enjoy the cartoony nature of the series. The 3ds horsepower + 3d could make an epic experience for advance wars. Imagine air strikes in 3d, with the missiles popping out of the screen. Plus street pass could be used in smart ways.
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!