At some point I'd like to write about why the consumer is problem...

#1pokemon2pokerPosted 1/31/2013 3:32:08 PM
...with the video game industry. The developers are not the problem and they should not be faulted for wanting to hit their projected numbers.

Remember cats, buy new and keep your games.
---
My opinion is that most opinions are wrong
#2marioparty17Posted 1/31/2013 3:33:14 PM
buying used is for the cool kids brah.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#3pokemon2poker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 4:02:55 PM
Every time a used game is sold that's +1 for the seller and -1 for the developer. And you guys wonder why a lot of of companies are going digital, or require paid dlc for the full experience.

Used games are bad guys....
---
My opinion is that most opinions are wrong
#4kdiz4321Posted 1/31/2013 4:07:34 PM
If the games are so good, why do people sell their games?
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#5Bahamut_10thPosted 1/31/2013 4:14:47 PM
The companies that publish the games get the profit from sending their copies to the stores. After that, unless the store judges necessary order more games, it doesn't matters what is done to those copies. The profit or lack of it will fall to the store only.

The money YOU give doesn't goes directly to the company. You could buy the entire copies of a certain game in all stores of gamestop. It wouldn't generate extra profit for the publisher or the developers unless there was a significant demand for another wave.
#62258lazAPosted 1/31/2013 4:15:17 PM
kdiz4321 posted...

Because

A. They are like the mods on this site, and don't know any better

or

B. It was a bad game

or

C. They just got bored of it.
#7Bahamut_10thPosted 1/31/2013 4:19:20 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
Every time a used game is sold that's +1 for the seller and -1 for the developer. And you guys wonder why a lot of of companies are going digital, or require paid dlc for the full experience.

Used games are bad guys....

They don't.

They do it because it works. They figured out a way to make even more money out of a released game. People fell for it. They will continue.
That's it...
#8kdiz4321Posted 1/31/2013 4:19:46 PM
2258lazA posted...
kdiz4321 posted...

Because

A. They are like the mods on this site, and don't know any better

or

B. It was a bad game

or

C. They just got bored of it.

In general, most sales for games occur in the first month or so after release; if there are tons of used copies sitting there in that span of time then the game must have been really bad or too short to be worth full price.

Also, the addition of DLC can be counterproductive; I and others like me are turned off by what would otherwise be a day one buy.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#9GoodOlJrPosted 1/31/2013 4:34:22 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
The companies that publish the games get the profit from sending their copies to the stores. After that, unless the store judges necessary order more games, it doesn't matters what is done to those copies. The profit or lack of it will fall to the store only.

The money YOU give doesn't goes directly to the company. You could buy the entire copies of a certain game in all stores of gamestop. It wouldn't generate extra profit for the publisher or the developers unless there was a significant demand for another wave.

I do agree with what you're saying, but if we stopped buying used games at such a large rate the devs would begin to see the rpfit, as the retailers would be forced to restock
#10Bahamut_10thPosted 1/31/2013 4:37:52 PM
GoodOlJr posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

I do agree with what you're saying, but if we stopped buying used games at such a large rate the devs would begin to see the rpfit, as the retailers would be forced to restock

That's a real IF situation though.