At some point I'd like to write about why the consumer is problem...

#11OoSubaruoOPosted 1/31/2013 5:40:57 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
...with the video game industry. The developers are not the problem and they should not be faulted for wanting to hit their projected numbers.

Remember cats, buy new and keep your games.

No, I use my older games to help me get newer ones. I'm not going to keep a game I don't plan on playing anymore.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 0605-4074-6062
#12StarmanJuniorPosted 1/31/2013 6:15:52 PM
I rarely buy new...unless I'm sure Nintendo deserves the money for it
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#13ares9090Posted 1/31/2013 6:59:07 PM
This topic reminds me how Spirit Camera was sold full price at launch even when it was not worth US$ 40.00, it's US$ 10.00 now in Amazon, and new, factory sealed
---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#14Miggi3Fr3shPosted 1/31/2013 7:03:52 PM
pokemon2poker posted...
Every time a used game is sold that's +1 for the seller and -1 for the developer. And you guys wonder why a lot of of companies are going digital, or require paid dlc for the full experience.

Used games are bad guys....

One could use the logic that the game was bad due to having most of the content being paid DLC and that's why the initial consumer got rid of it. Companies don't care about early adopters of the game and whether they enjoy the game or not because they got the $60.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 PSN: Miggi3Fr3sh86
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#15CHOVI3Posted 1/31/2013 7:14:00 PM
I only sell crappy games, so i feel no remorse
---
Please feed the trolls, they make this boards more lively.
3DS FC: 3566-1571-6130 Now playing Persona 3 Portable
#16PkmTrainerAbramPosted 1/31/2013 7:19:06 PM
I buy used if the game isn't in production anymore. And perferably if it still has the box/inserts. Can't complain if they are making profit from the game anymore right?

There are certian games I will buy used. And certian games I will buy new. That's all there is to it. If games go the route I'd heard(as in forcing consumers to buy new or get gimped completely) new gen, I'll just keep buying older games. I STILL don't have a PS3 afterall.
---
Currently playing: DragonQuest IV Chapters of the Choosen(DS, complete except for a few items), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN), Street Fighter 3(Xbox360)
#17GoodOlJrPosted 1/31/2013 8:12:31 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...
GoodOlJr posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
The companies that publish the games get the profit from sending their copies to the stores. After that, unless the store judges necessary order more games, it doesn't matters what is done to those copies. The profit or lack of it will fall to the store only.

The money YOU give doesn't goes directly to the company. You could buy the entire copies of a certain game in all stores of gamestop. It wouldn't generate extra profit for the publisher or the developers unless there was a significant demand for another wave.

I do agree with what you're saying, but if we stopped buying used games at such a large rate the devs would begin to see the rpfit, as the retailers would be forced to restock

That's a real IF situation though.

fair enough, it would he nice though.

People need to also consider that if there was no used games, piray might be more rampant.

Is it feasible for gamestop to have to pay a tax to developers when they sell used games? I think it would be reasonable if to charge used game stores if the game is less than 2 years old, or maybe not printed in a year.
#18KeleenRemPosted 1/31/2013 8:15:37 PM
Other people buy used games. Why should I have to sacrifice for these "developers" and not them.
#19pokemon2poker(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:22:07 PM
Don't worry guys, used games will be cut out completely once developers decide to go digital only. It will happen.
---
My opinion is that most opinions are wrong
#20kdiz4321Posted 1/31/2013 8:22:50 PM
GoodOlJr posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
GoodOlJr posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
The companies that publish the games get the profit from sending their copies to the stores. After that, unless the store judges necessary order more games, it doesn't matters what is done to those copies. The profit or lack of it will fall to the store only.

The money YOU give doesn't goes directly to the company. You could buy the entire copies of a certain game in all stores of gamestop. It wouldn't generate extra profit for the publisher or the developers unless there was a significant demand for another wave.

I do agree with what you're saying, but if we stopped buying used games at such a large rate the devs would begin to see the rpfit, as the retailers would be forced to restock

That's a real IF situation though.

fair enough, it would he nice though.

People need to also consider that if there was no used games, piray might be more rampant.

Is it feasible for gamestop to have to pay a tax to developers when they sell used games? I think it would be reasonable if to charge used game stores if the game is less than 2 years old, or maybe not printed in a year.

They do that now on some games. It's called an online pass.

Well technically it's you who pays that but even if it went through gamestop you'd still be paying it.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.