I can't be arsed to buy anything from the eShop.

#41DavCubePosted 2/1/2013 7:59:30 PM
Steam is the only one with real discounts without having you pay a fee for a premium service. The PSP's prices are all over the place. Some of them are still at original MSRP being 2-3 years old and now out-of-print physically.

That being said, Nintendo IS more than a little bit dumb with their marketting aside from sales of games they keep printing and keep selling at that original price.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#42EnclavePosted 2/1/2013 9:11:14 PM(edited)
TinyTim123 posted...
Enclave posted...
There is literally no way you can convince me what Nintendo is doing isn't evil as hell when pretty much everybody else does it in a way that is pro consumer. Hell, even EA with Origin is nicer to their customers in this regard than Nintendo, imagine that EA of all companies is being less evil than Nintendo in this situation, THAT is saying something.

You have a funny definition of evil
Hitler? Probably evil. So to you, Nintendo and Hitler, the same, right?
Just asking.

There's many grades of evil. Suggesting that if somebody or some company doesn't perform acts such as genocide then they obviously aren't evil is a ridiculous stance to take.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#43n00bsaib0tPosted 2/1/2013 9:36:57 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Enclave posted...
There is literally no way you can convince me what Nintendo is doing isn't evil as hell when pretty much everybody else does it in a way that is pro consumer. Hell, even EA with Origin is nicer to their customers in this regard than Nintendo, imagine that EA of all companies is being less evil than Nintendo in this situation, THAT is saying something.

You have a funny definition of evil
Hitler? Probably evil. So to you, Nintendo and Hitler, the same, right?
Just asking.

There's many grades of evil. Suggesting that if somebody or some company doesn't perform acts such as genocide then they obviously aren't evil is a ridiculous stance to take.

So not letting customers easily pirate or share downloadable titles is evil? Am I understanding this correctly? Protecting your IP in a way that causes ZERO harm to the consumer aside from "WAH! I CAN'T ILLEGALLY DOWNLOAD FREE GAMES!" is evil? People like you are why companies like Sony with systems you can easily jailbreak and pirate on are in the red right now, and you should be ashamed.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#44aamotPosted 2/2/2013 5:37:41 AM
The worst thing about the eShop is that people will still eat up any GB, NES, or 1980s arcade port Nintendo throws on there, so there's no real financial demand for better games.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#45n00bsaib0tPosted 2/2/2013 5:52:56 AM
The worst thing about the eShop is that people will still eat up any GB, NES, or 1980s arcade port Nintendo throws on there, so there's no real financial demand for better games.

You aren't one of those people that thinks Nintendo makes Contra, Mega Man and Castlevania because they were NES games are you?
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#46DavCubePosted 2/2/2013 6:22:26 AM
aamot posted...

People who started gaming after 1987? Those don't exist. That's funny.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#47aamotPosted 2/2/2013 7:11:38 AM
As it's Nintendo's online service, they are the ones deciding on and likely ordering these games to be put out there.

I wouldn't have a problem with Nintendo offering their earliest titles if it wasn't all they offered.

I meant for my post to be more damning of Nintendo's online offerings than of their customers, but it really came out like it was aimed at 3DS gamers. Just, if we want them to offer higher quality eShop titles, we need to hold out against their lazy current attempts.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#48BatenKait0sPosted 2/2/2013 7:13:56 AM
Well, enjoy missing out on some great games.
---
Currently playing:
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates (DS); Cave Story (DS)
#49Dark_Link92Posted 2/2/2013 7:29:10 AM
deimos91 posted...
Dark_Link92 posted...
I agree the eShop is way overpriced. 3.60 for a Gameboy port is practically insulting.

what do you want them for 1$ a piece 3-5 $ is reasonable

That kind of exact conversion isn't how it works. Honestly, for a Gameboy port, it's practically unanimously agreed that in the UK they are way overpriced.
---
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
#50n00bsaib0tPosted 2/2/2013 8:00:44 AM
As it's Nintendo's online service, they are the ones deciding on and likely ordering these games to be put out there.

That's like saying that Sony decided Final Fantasy VII was going on PSN, and not Square Enix. Nintendo doesn't have nearly as much say about Konami, Capcom, Square Enix, etc games as some people like to think.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific