Anyone downgrading from the XL to the Fire Emblem bundle?

#11Ruff_PuffPosted 2/1/2013 5:22:05 AM
darkness1018 posted...
Its the design on the top of the system, it just looks so cool when compared to the blue XL.

Why don't you just get a decal for the XL? You probably couldn't do one like on the FE 3DS, but something similar maybe? I dunno.
---
PSN: Ruff-Puff
#12thompsontalker7Posted 2/1/2013 5:45:13 AM
danny5329 posted...
No, just no.

Fire Emblem Awakening looks darn good on the XL.

---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#13krizz07Posted 2/1/2013 6:06:40 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Why is it downgrading? Some people might not prefer the XL. The XL doesn't enhance performance or add new features like the DSi or even the DSLite did. The DS Lite made the screen brighter which is a huge plus. The XL just makes the screen larger and has longer battery life which can be remedied on the original for a mere $10.

better stylus placement, better start/select/home buttons, better 3d slider, better power light indicator placement, better 1:1 DS game scaling, less hand cramping, less smudging..

they're small upgrades, but if you add them all up they provide an overall better experience. the only downside i see with the XL is it's size when it comes to portability.
#14IHeartMetroidPosted 2/1/2013 6:11:24 AM
"better stylus placement, better start/select/home buttons, better 3d slider, better power light indicator placement, better 1:1 DS game scaling, less hand cramping, less smudging.."

In your opinion. I think the stylus placement in my Zelda 3DS is great, the slider is perfect and so is the power indicator light, the DS game scaling is better, I have no hand crampings, and no difference in smudges between the original and XL.

So it's really a matter of opinion. I wouldn't trade in my Limited Edition Zelda 3DS for a dozen XLs. I hate big systems- they ruin the portability aspect of the system, and I'm not a fan of the rounded corners of the XL either.

Now, bring out a 3DS with two analog sliders, and you've got an upgrade there.
#1590sRetroGamingPosted 2/1/2013 6:15:04 AM
Nope.

90% larger screens > LE design/color/small screens.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#16IHeartMetroidPosted 2/1/2013 6:29:02 AM
90% larger screens = ugly pixellation of the image = worse image = worse system

= downgrade
#1790sRetroGamingPosted 2/1/2013 6:33:33 AM
If you say so. picture looks excellent on mine.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#18krizz07Posted 2/1/2013 6:40:05 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"better stylus placement, better start/select/home buttons, better 3d slider, better power light indicator placement, better 1:1 DS game scaling, less hand cramping, less smudging.."

In your opinion. I think the stylus placement in my Zelda 3DS is great, the slider is perfect and so is the power indicator light, the DS game scaling is better, I have no hand crampings, and no difference in smudges between the original and XL.

So it's really a matter of opinion. I wouldn't trade in my Limited Edition Zelda 3DS for a dozen XLs. I hate big systems- they ruin the portability aspect of the system, and I'm not a fan of the rounded corners of the XL either.

Now, bring out a 3DS with two analog sliders, and you've got an upgrade there.

stylus placement - ok this may be opinion, but i think majority would agree xl's placement is better

start/select/home button - opinion

3d slider - now clicks into place to easily distinguish between off and lowest setting on the fly.

DS 1:1 scaling - if you turn this feature on on the regular 3ds, it is very small. but if you do this on the XL it's almost the same size as the ds lite's screen so it looks better.

hand cramping - preference

smudging - regular 3ds and xl were made with different casing and i hardly get smudges on the xl.

*im not bashing you or anything just elaborating for people who are still making decisions.
#19MadDewgPosted 2/1/2013 6:49:39 AM
XplodnPnguins92 posted...
lol no

---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#20Gamemaster64Posted 2/1/2013 7:04:33 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Why is it downgrading? Some people might not prefer the XL. The XL doesn't enhance performance or add new features like the DSi or even the DSLite did. The DS Lite made the screen brighter which is a huge plus. The XL just makes the screen larger and has longer battery life which can be remedied on the original for a mere $10.

If people not prefer the XL won't have the XL or gone back to the regular 3DS before this. So getting this bundle isn't an upgrade or downgrade.
---
Not much of potato he said but potato he wrote.