Castlevania LoS 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [expansion/port?]
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
SMT: Soul Hackers
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokemon X/Y
Project X Zone

lol..

It's only an expansion when it's on the 3DS. Got it.

"Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an expansion of the Wii title Monster Hunter 3 (Tri), released on the Nintendo 3DS alongside a Wii U version that supports 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolution graphical output."

His point was that nearly all the PS Vita games are expansions as well and you left that part out of your post.
---
PSN - Tack06
Gamertag - Tack06
#72kdognumba1Posted 2/2/2013 11:34:56 PM
Allaudeen posted...
Console wars again?
Don't you guys get tired of it?

---
backloggery: http://backloggery.com/kdog254 twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#73godslayer61Posted 2/3/2013 1:05:30 AM
XphoenixedgeX posted...
sesshomaru_55 posted...
But it looks like 3DS is going to beat PS Vita this year in terms of games. =(

With Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Monster Hunter, my 3DS is gonna get a lot of hours.

Yet for Vita, all we have upcoming is Soul Sacrifice... Well at least Vita got P4G last year.

You say it like it just dawned upon you recently.....pfft. This has already been predetermined for a while now, the Vita is no match for what the 3DS has established and has promised in the near future.
The only glimmer of hope for the Vita this year in my opinion is a spectacular E3 which reveals several big games for it.

first off all games look better on the vita second the line up for 2013 kills the 3ds line up,i play my 3ds more cause they have more games but bottom line the vita is a better system they just need more games and quick.plus all the psp games and ps1 games also are very nice to play on the go.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-077730466718
#74XMonkeySniperXPosted 2/3/2013 3:05:29 AM
sesshomaru_55 posted...

Yet for Vita, all we have upcoming is Soul Sacrifice... Well at least Vita got P4G last year.

Yeah. I love both my handhelds, but good lord does the Vita need to get its crap together. In the next few months there's at least 4 or 5 3DS titles I'm picking up, most of them originals. The only Vita titles I'm interested in thus far are rereleases of games I already own on PS3 (namely Ninja Gaiden and Dead or Alive).
---
PSN: MasamuneMonkey
"I'm the warrior of love and rage, Black Frost!"
#75Jopez86Posted 2/3/2013 8:16:47 AM
sesshomaru_55 posted...

I currently only own a vita but MH on 3ds is the main reason i am seriously considering buying one. Animal crossing too :P
I am however looking forward to all the games coming to vita but as of right now they are so spread out and MH looks like it could fill in those gaps.
#76IHeartMetroidPosted 2/3/2013 8:44:09 AM
The Vita was a heap of broken promises and kicks-in-the-teeth to consumers. It was proof that Sony didn't look at any of the mistakes made by previous handheld makers, and then went and made them all over again.

Mistake 1: Lack of true backwards compatibility.
When Nintendo puts out a handheld system, one thing that you notice is that they always retain BC for the last gen. They did this with the GBC, with the GBA, and with the DS and 3DS as well. This allows consumers to look at the system and say, "This will make a fine replacement for the current system I already own." In times of game drought, the ability to play prior gen games really can beef up the system's attractiveness, especially if it can enhance those games in some way. The Vita's idea of "bc", with the severely limited digital download option, is a kick in the teeth for those who have large UMD collections and doesn't give the system any boost in times of drought.

Mistake 2: Too early of a release.
The Vita was shoved out the door at a time when the components it's made of were relatively expensive, and at a time when there were developers actively working on in-progress PSP games. This resulted in developers having to completely rethink their games and localizaitons, and a system far too expensive for many consumers to consider. If Sony had waited another six months to a year, those titles would have been finished, manufacturing techniques would have allowed for a more streamlines, inexpensive process, and third parties would have been ready to go.

Mistake 3: Screwing consumers with yet another expensive, proprietary memory card format. There really was no reason whatsoever to do this. They should have gone with SD or Memory Stick formats, but instead they created out of the blue an entirely new, wholly incompatible format, worthless for anything but the Vita.

Mistake 4: Shooting Remote Play in the leg. Remote Play has the potential to be truly awesome. The concept of actually being able to take the console game you're playing and take it on the road with you? Sony could have even used it as a further revenue stream by creating a disc-changer device. Take your literal entire PS1, PS2, PS3, DVD and BluRay collection on the road? Yes, yes yes! Resident Evil 6 anywhere? Ni No Kuni anywhere? The ENTIRE Final Fantasy collection- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13, anywhere you were? Sign me up!
But they didn't. utilize that potential.
They deliberately screwed Remote Play, eliminating the ability to play the things people wanted to use the most. This was the breaking point for me, and was the final straw in my decision not to get a Vita.

TL:DR- Sony made numerous mistakes. Sony can fix some of them now (Remote Play), but I don't think they'll ever really get back to where they potentially could have been.
#77kewldude475Posted 2/3/2013 8:45:42 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
The Vita was a heap of broken promises and kicks-in-the-teeth to consumers. It was proof that Sony didn't look at any of the mistakes made by previous handheld makers, and then went and made them all over again.

Mistake 1: Lack of true backwards compatibility.
When Nintendo puts out a handheld system, one thing that you notice is that they always retain BC for the last gen. They did this with the GBC, with the GBA, and with the DS and 3DS as well. This allows consumers to look at the system and say, "This will make a fine replacement for the current system I already own." In times of game drought, the ability to play prior gen games really can beef up the system's attractiveness, especially if it can enhance those games in some way. The Vita's idea of "bc", with the severely limited digital download option, is a kick in the teeth for those who have large UMD collections and doesn't give the system any boost in times of drought.

Mistake 2: Too early of a release.
The Vita was shoved out the door at a time when the components it's made of were relatively expensive, and at a time when there were developers actively working on in-progress PSP games. This resulted in developers having to completely rethink their games and localizaitons, and a system far too expensive for many consumers to consider. If Sony had waited another six months to a year, those titles would have been finished, manufacturing techniques would have allowed for a more streamlines, inexpensive process, and third parties would have been ready to go.

Mistake 3: Screwing consumers with yet another expensive, proprietary memory card format. There really was no reason whatsoever to do this. They should have gone with SD or Memory Stick formats, but instead they created out of the blue an entirely new, wholly incompatible format, worthless for anything but the Vita.

Mistake 4: Shooting Remote Play in the leg. Remote Play has the potential to be truly awesome. The concept of actually being able to take the console game you're playing and take it on the road with you? Sony could have even used it as a further revenue stream by creating a disc-changer device. Take your literal entire PS1, PS2, PS3, DVD and BluRay collection on the road? Yes, yes yes! Resident Evil 6 anywhere? Ni No Kuni anywhere? The ENTIRE Final Fantasy collection- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13, anywhere you were? Sign me up!
But they didn't. utilize that potential.
They deliberately screwed Remote Play, eliminating the ability to play the things people wanted to use the most. This was the breaking point for me, and was the final straw in my decision not to get a Vita.

TL:DR- Sony made numerous mistakes. Sony can fix some of them now (Remote Play), but I don't think they'll ever really get back to where they potentially could have been.

Everyone ignore "mistake 2". IHeartMetroid blames the Vita for killing the PSP, even though the PSP was already selling a lot less in the West.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#78kewldude475Posted 2/3/2013 8:46:12 AM
sesshomaru_55 posted...
MagnetoWned posted...
kewldude475 posted...
MagnetoWned posted...
Let's take a look at the upcoming Vita games:
Sly 4 [port]
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus [port]
MLB 13: The Show [port]
DoA 5 [port]
Soul Sacrifice
Dragon's Crown [port?]
Killzone: Mercenary

And 3DS:
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Etrian Odyssey IV
Castlevania LoS 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate [expansion/port?]
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
SMT: Soul Hackers
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokemon X/Y
Project X Zone

lol..

It's only an expansion when it's on the 3DS. Got it.

"Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate is an expansion of the Wii title Monster Hunter 3 (Tri), released on the Nintendo 3DS alongside a Wii U version that supports 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p resolution graphical output."

His point was that nearly all the PS Vita games are expansions as well and you left that part out of your post.

This.
---
PS3/Vita PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam: kewldude475
#79IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/3/2013 8:49:58 AM
Vita is getting a new Ys game this year~
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#80AkagehisaPosted 2/3/2013 8:58:40 AM
sesshomaru_55 posted...
I didn't make this thread to start a Versus wars, I own both the 3DS XL and PS Vita, and to be honest I love the Vita way more than the 3DS, but unless the Vita starts sh*tting out some amazing non-port games this year the 3DS is not even going to have a competition.

Its all about personal tastes mate,,, the Vita is getting sly, Ninja Gaiden 2 zigma + and DoA5+,, ports yeah,,, but its getting its own games too,,, Soul Sacrifice, Tearaway, Y's Celceta, Killzone, Gods Eater 2,, I'm fan of action games, rpg and Raid games,, what can I say, I'm pretty happy with all those games.

For example, I own a 3Ds too, but only for 3rd party games, since I don't like mario games,,, the only 2 games that have catched my attention are,, Resident Evil R and Fire Emblem,, I would love to have a 3d action game on the 3Ds : /