ATTN: People in zip code 64012: Does eShop charge sales tax in 64012 zip code?

#1Yoshi4KingPosted 2/1/2013 3:25:50 PM
Does the eShop charge sales tax in the zip code 64012?
This'll be important because I'm thinking about buying FE:A digitally and need to know whether to buy 2 or 3 $20 eShop cards.
#2rahxephon122Posted 2/1/2013 3:29:05 PM
They have bigger cards too. Up to $50. That should definitely cover tax.

Although, in my city stores charge you tax, iTunes and PSN charge tax, but eshop doesn't charge tax. I don't think XBL does either but I could be wrong.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#3EnclavePosted 2/1/2013 3:29:48 PM
Depends on what State that is, check google and what that states sales tax is.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#4TinyTim123Posted 2/1/2013 4:18:00 PM
rahxephon122 posted...

Although, in my city stores charge you tax, iTunes and PSN charge tax, but eshop doesn't charge tax. I don't think XBL does either but I could be wrong.

See that's kind of crazy. Here I get charged tax on eShop, also on PSN, but only if I pay with a credit or debit card. I do NOT get charged tax if I use a PSN points card, which I have had to do on a few occasions due to PSN deciding my previously fine card info is no longer good (despite the fact NOTHING had changed, and card was not expired). I don't think anything on XBox has charged tax either, but it's all done with points anyway, with $20 being 1600 points, and I don't think they charge tax when buying points. The whole thing is basically weird is what I am saying, and it is difficult to understand how, exactly, this whole digital marketplace thing works.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#5NettoSaitoPosted 2/1/2013 4:25:23 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
rahxephon122 posted...

See that's kind of crazy. Here I get charged tax on eShop, also on PSN, but only if I pay with a credit or debit card. I do NOT get charged tax if I use a PSN points card, which I have had to do on a few occasions due to PSN deciding my previously fine card info is no longer good (despite the fact NOTHING had changed, and card was not expired). I don't think anything on XBox has charged tax either, but it's all done with points anyway, with $20 being 1600 points, and I don't think they charge tax when buying points. The whole thing is basically weird is what I am saying, and it is difficult to understand how, exactly, this whole digital marketplace thing works.

Yeah I don't get it either. I'll buy a PSN card, get charged tax for it, then get charged tax AGAIN on PSN, but I'll use my debit card on PSN and get charged NOTHING. Then I'll get an XBL MS Point card and get charged no tax, then not get charged tax on XBL, but then I'll do something Nintendo related and get charged tax o_O

In short, it's a mess for me....
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] | Nintendo Network - [NettoSaito]
My Backloggery - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#6GoldenSun3DSPosted 2/1/2013 5:28:16 PM
NettoSaito posted...
but I'll use my debit card on PSN and get charged NOTHING.

WUT.
---
Camelot asked for your support of Golden Sun 4!
http://ipetitions.com/petition/operation-sunrise/ | http://facebook.com/pages/Operation-Sunrise/371417546251291
#7scigeek101Posted 2/1/2013 8:01:47 PM(edited)
Yoshi4King posted...
Does the eShop charge sales tax in the zip code 64012?
This'll be important because I'm thinking about buying FE:A digitally and need to know whether to buy 2 or 3 $20 eShop cards.

You can always move to a state that doesn't have income tax.

Especially if you are buying the point cards.

Also I must advise against buying FE digitally. Since Nintendo has no account system like the other console companies and steam, your games are essentially not protected from theft, or malfunctions. The retail version is the same price and doesn't have the restrictive DRM that the digital version has.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.