What are the chances of original DS titles as downlodable VC entries?

#1KefkaWasFramedPosted 2/1/2013 6:36:01 PM
I would love to be able to download some of the classics (Mario 64 DS and Metroid Prime Hunters jump to mind) and keep them in my 3ds forever, but Im not sure if this is a realistic hope or not.
#2XeylirPosted 2/1/2013 8:11:22 PM
Given that the 3DS is BC with the DS anyway, I don't see why this would happen.
---
(Insert witty comment, pun, or Kingdom Hearts reference here)
#3EngineR2Posted 2/1/2013 8:18:28 PM
You don't? There will more of a reason for DS games on the shop, than 3DS games, once the DS goes out of production.

The sad thing about this, is that if this were to happen, I don't expect the prices to be much lower than they are now. New Super Mario Bros. is still the same price it debuted at, $34.99, for example. Only five dollars cheaper than its 6-year-younger sequel.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#4scigeek101Posted 2/1/2013 8:22:43 PM
I expect this to happen with the 4ds or whatever the next version of DS is called.

3ds doesn't even have GBA games on the shop yet so don't cross your fingers for DS games.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#5Bikes-Posted 2/1/2013 8:59:17 PM
Even if they did go on E-shop they would probably be full price, so the only benefit would be buying games that are rare.
#6DavCubePosted 2/1/2013 9:01:03 PM
I don't expect this at least for another year or two, and that's just if they don't move that until the next handheld iteration.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#7Arsene-LupinPosted 2/1/2013 9:49:12 PM
What about GBC games?
What about GBA games?
What about SNES games?

There's a long time to go before even THINKING about DS games.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#8themegaman7Posted 2/1/2013 9:58:45 PM
Not interested, I think I own pretty much every worthwhile DS game, that's been released in PAL and USA, already.
---
PSN - Expa0
- The official Doppelganger of SMT IV boards -