Are there any games where the Circle Pad Pro is necessary?

#21Makeveli_livesPosted 2/2/2013 8:16:04 PM
BassForever posted...
Once you play a game that uses it with it you can't go back

Gyro aiming > second stick.

Because people love to twist and turn at awkward angles for the hell of it right? Screw gyro controls.
---
Pokemon Black 2 FC: 1292 6142 0263
3DS FC: 0087 2410 1340
#22RazieruPosted 2/2/2013 8:37:27 PM
People still believe the CPP was ever necessary.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#23IHeartMetroidPosted 2/2/2013 8:46:43 PM
Resident Evil: Revelations plays much better with it, although the game isn't UNPLAYABLE without the CPP.

Metal Gear Solid 3D is virtually unplayable without the CPP. With it, you get standard-style MGS controls. Without it, the game defaults to an unchangeable control scheme that maps actions to the frigging Dpad, meaning to do many actions you have to shift your thumb off the analog stick, just because the game has decided to unalterably turn the face buttons into camera controls. It also makes certain aiming much more difficult.
#24RazieruPosted 2/2/2013 8:53:26 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Resident Evil: Revelations plays much better with it, although the game isn't UNPLAYABLE without the CPP.

^ That's all the more reason to save $20, is it not?

Metal Gear Solid 3D is virtually unplayable without the CPP. With it, you get standard-style MGS controls. Without it, the game defaults to an unchangeable control scheme

This is the excuse people would normally use to justify another useless peripheral for a hand held. The peripheral's relevance is NOT justified by a game laden with intentional or overlooked s*** controls.

If the CPP was every really relevant, Nintendo would have probably had the sense to attach another slide pad to the hardware itself already.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#25bcorneliaPosted 2/2/2013 8:57:10 PM
Makeveli_lives posted...
BassForever posted...
Once you play a game that uses it with it you can't go back

Gyro aiming > second stick.

Because people love to twist and turn at awkward angles for the hell of it right? Screw gyro controls.

lol, I'm guessing that you don't have the game. You can choose from multiple sensitivity levels, with the highest requiring only slight wrist movements.
---
My old account got better.
#26IHeartMetroidPosted 2/2/2013 8:57:53 PM(edited)
Razieru- I don't care about "relevance". I answered the question in the topic title.

Are there any games where the Circle Pad Pro is necessary?

And the answer, at least from the CPP-enabled titles I own, is, provisionally, yes. Out of the two games in my collection that use it, one benefits from the CPP but is still playable without it, and the other one becomes a control nightmare without it.
#27bcorneliaPosted 2/2/2013 8:59:30 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Metal Gear Solid 3D is virtually unplayable without the CPP.

Please. I put in 80+ hours into the game, of which included multiple foxhound ranks, just fine without it. The first few hours were weird as hell but you get used to it.
---
#28IHeartMetroidPosted 2/2/2013 9:04:23 PM
"Please. I put in 80+ hours into the game, of which included multiple foxhound ranks"

Not that I don't believe you... but...

Well, I don't.

I know MGS3, and the DS version has so few extras, so little reward for actually completing the game (as opposed to the numerous extras in the console versions and the Vita versions), that it seems highly unlikely that someone would invest the time and effort to get multiple FoxHound rankings on that version.

But hey, if you have, more power to you.

Your statement is still false as hell. The game is crazy stupid without the CPP.
#29RazieruPosted 2/2/2013 9:12:40 PM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
Razieru- I don't care about "relevance".

Your problem, not mine.

I answered the question in the topic title. Are there any games where the Circle Pad Pro is necessary?

Evidently you missed MY answer to this question.

And the answer, at least from the CPP-enabled titles I own, is, provisionally, yes. Out of the two games in my collection that use it, one benefits from the CPP but is still playable without it, and the other one becomes a control nightmare without it.

It still doesn't validate the CPP's pointless existence. What you're saying is no different from any other arguments trying to validate other useless peripherals made for video game systems.

> Power Glove - "Nuff said.

> Game Boy Light (accessory) - Is it OUR fault Nintendo didn't have the sense to install a back-lit light on those systems, yet the Game Gear had one?

> Game Boy Light - Though this is not a peripheral, it refutes my previous point perfectly. A light is installed in it, yet there's no color. I can see why these never made it to NA.

> Game Boy Camera - Much higher quality cameras already existed, and the sheer amount of accessories and accessorizing made it an even bigger waste of time and money. Also wasn't needed for any kind of game play.

> Guitar Hero peripheral - Only for a couple Guitar Hero games that no one even gave a damn about.

The list goes on and on. You also have to love having to take the CPP off AND re-attach it every time you wanted to play another 3DS/DS game. With that said, digital downloads couldn't come any faster.
---
#30bcorneliaPosted 2/2/2013 9:26:10 PM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Please. I put in 80+ hours into the game, of which included multiple foxhound ranks"

Not that I don't believe you... but...

Well, I don't.

Your statement is still false as hell. The game is crazy stupid without the CPP.

Wow, you're obnoxious. Why am I even talking to you.
---