Are there any games where the Circle Pad Pro is necessary?

#31IHeartMetroidPosted 2/2/2013 8:18:29 PM
Razieru, you seem intent on turning this into a fight.

Cool down. I have no intention of doing that, even when you keep taking single sentences out of context in order to yell. I will restate- I don't care about validation, or about target markets or the Power Glove.

I simply answered the question, and apparently attracted the ire of liars like bcornelia (Mr. I have Many Foxhounds) and people who just want to be angry like yourself.

I have no need of justification or to convince anyone of anything.

I simply acknowledge that some games play well with the CPP, some games don't need it, and some games are practically unplayable without it on the 3DS.
#32RazieruPosted 2/2/2013 8:19:34 PM
bcornelia posted...
Wow, you're obnoxious. Why am I even talking to you.

Surprised? This is GameFAQs. Anyway, by his "logic", because games have intentional or overlooked s*** controls, the CPP is instantly priceless and necessary.

Yet, let's ignore and not blame the idiot programmers for not programming more competent controls for these games. I guess if they screw up the controls more (intentionally), then people will catch on.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#33thatmovingbushPosted 2/2/2013 8:21:07 PM
bcornelia posted...
IHeartMetroid posted...
"Please. I put in 80+ hours into the game, of which included multiple foxhound ranks"

Not that I don't believe you... but...

Well, I don't.

Your statement is still false as hell. The game is crazy stupid without the CPP.

Wow, you're obnoxious. Why am I even talking to you.

just put him on ignore if he annoys you. I do it with certain turds on this board.
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#34RazieruPosted 2/2/2013 8:24:23 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
Razieru, you seem intent on turning this into a fight.

Funny, people still think this about me.

debating =/= fighting

Cool down. I have no intention of doing that, even when you keep taking single sentences out of context in order to yell. I will restate- I don't care about validation, or about target markets or the Power Glove.

Duly noted.

I simply answered the question, and apparently attracted the ire of liars like bcornelia (Mr. I have Many Foxhounds) and people who just want to be angry like yourself.

You call me angry, and tell me to cool down; but you call the guy a liar with no concrete proof?

I have no need of justification or to convince anyone of anything. I simply acknowledge that some games play well with the CPP, some games don't need it, and some games are practically unplayable without it on the 3DS.

Once again, I get it, but you do realize that the competence of the controls are on the PROGRAMMERS of the games, right? That doesn't mean one has to or should feel the need to waste $20 more dollars on a piece of plastic that could easily be remedied with proper programming for the game's controls.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#35bcorneliaPosted 2/2/2013 8:32:39 PM(edited)
IHeartMetroid posted...
I know MGS3, and the DS version has so few extras, so little reward for actually completing the game (as opposed to the numerous extras in the console versions and the Vita versions), that it seems highly unlikely that someone would invest the time and effort to get multiple FoxHound rankings on that version.

Also, I have no idea what you're going on about here. As someone who played the 3DS game prior to the console versions (360 specifically) the rewards were largely the same. You still could get the Patriot, the EZ Gun, Stealth, Infinity facepaint and the special camos like Grenades, Desert Tiger, Brown facepaint, etc.

In fact, the 3DS version is actually better in a certain regard in that you can actually change your file's difficulty setting after clearing the game. When I played the HD game, I was frustrated to learn that, upon clearing European Extreme, I couldn't use my fancy unlocks on a less demanding difficulty.

Also, the 3DS game is far more forgiving in that there are often fewer guards, which gives you much more leeway. This threw me off completely when I was going for Foxhound on consoles.

IHeartMetroid posted...
I simply answered the question, and apparently attracted the ire of liars like bcornelia (Mr. I have Many Foxhounds)

I gotta say, this is the first conversation that I've had in recent memory where they guy I was arguing with resorted to outright accusing me of lying when presented with a contrary experience. That's pretty damn sad.

I can show you my file/records and activity log if you're that butthurt about it.
---
My old account got better.
#36IHeartMetroidPosted 2/2/2013 8:30:51 PM
"you call the guy a liar with no concrete proof?"

He claimed to have "multiple FoxHounds" on the game, using it as justification to validate his opinion. Bear in mind that, for MGS3, FoxHound ranking is essentially the equivalent to running, and winning, a marathon. To achieve multiple FoxHound rankings is something that requires insane amounts of time and proficiency. It is not something to be thrown around lightly.

So yes, I do consider him a liar.

"You do realize that the competence of the controls are on the PROGRAMMERS of the games, right?"

Again, you seem to be assuming that I am "justifying" anything, and looking deeper into this than you need to. My prerogative is not to justify bad programming, or to create excuses for it. He asked a question, I answered it. No more, no less.
#37bcorneliaPosted 2/2/2013 8:34:25 PM
IHeartMetroid posted...
"you call the guy a liar with no concrete proof?"

He claimed to have "multiple FoxHounds" on the game, using it as justification to validate his opinion. Bear in mind that, for MGS3, FoxHound ranking is essentially the equivalent to running, and winning, a marathon. To achieve multiple FoxHound rankings is something that requires insane amounts of time and proficiency. It is not something to be thrown around lightly.

So yes, I do consider him a liar.

Please read and consider my last post. I am getting really close to rightfully tossing you onto my ignore list as was suggested earlier.
---
My old account got better.
#38RazieruPosted 2/2/2013 8:35:17 PM
^ Can't say anything about the fox hound thing, as I have yet to even play the game, but maybe, just maybe the guy is that damn good.

Also your point of simply answering the question is, once again, duly noted. However, unlike you, I like to dissect stuff a bit more. It reveals such wonderful and hidden truths.
---
#39IHeartMetroidPosted 2/2/2013 8:40:05 PM
"maybe the guy is that damn good."

Perhaps, but highly unlikely.

In any case, it is a given that bad programming hampered MGS3D in many aspects. The slowdown was unnecessary, they eliminated all the beneficial extras from the game, they omitted any control remapping, and they took out MG1 and 2 as well.

But this isn't a topic about MGS, so I didn't go into it.
#40RazieruPosted 2/2/2013 8:43:14 PM
I can see you saying that a game rife with bad controls makes the CPP some kind of resolve. All I was saying is that the thing would not be necessary if they simply patched up the controls before releasing the games. Eh, Kid Icarus Uprising gets more heat for the same thing anyway.

And I have heard many stories of the 3DS's butchering of MGS 3.
---