How to start Pokemon again?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How to start Pokemon again?

User Info: AAANGRY

AAANGRY
3 years ago#1
Hi all
Years ago, i played and loved Pokemon Red on my Gameboy. Traded with neighbours with my link cable, and collected all 150 pokemon - played it to death.

Then i lost interest somehow.

Recently i have seen all these new games come out for pokemon over the last few years and i wondered if it was still as good.

So, if i wanted to get back into Pokemon again - with my last played Pokemon game being Pokemon red - where would i start? Is it possible to enjoy it all over again?
You can't have pie without Cool Hwhip - Stewie

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
3 years ago#2
You've waited this long, I'd just wait for Pokemon X/Y now...

User Info: evilsquirrle

evilsquirrle
3 years ago#3
The only game where story/knowledge of past games would be a barrier is Black 2 and White 2, with it's story being a direct sequel...and even then, who plays Pokemon for the story anyway?

I recommend starting with Black/White 2, Black/White, Platinum, or Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Just whichever one strikes your fancy.

Black/White 2 are by far the most refined.

However, HG/SS are the closest things to direct sequels the original game has, so you might be more comfortable with those.

User Info: mmpepsi

mmpepsi
3 years ago#4
Start with Black or White then move onto the sequels if you like it.

Even if you want to play Black or White 2 instead it's not a big deal. It is a direct sequel, but the Pokemon games are always pretty light on story.

User Info: AAANGRY

AAANGRY
3 years ago#5
Ok, yeah im more worried about not knowing all the Pokemon etc.

For example, in Red i knew every Pokemon and who they would evolve into etc - but there was only 150. Now there is probably OVER 9000 Pokemon.

So if i started with Black/White, are the same 150 pokemon already in there PLUS the new pokemon?
You can't have pie without Cool Hwhip - Stewie

User Info: SMASHKING84

SMASHKING84
3 years ago#6
I'd start with hg/ss if you don't want to pick up gba games. if you think you might want to pick up gba games try to find emerald or fire red/leaf green. the original gameboy games won't even work now because they use a battery to save that dies after arround 15 years...
Jirachi is the best pokemon
"I'll wait for you here it what princess do from what i understand it's kind of a family tradition."

User Info: evilsquirrle

evilsquirrle
3 years ago#7
AAANGRY posted...
Ok, yeah im more worried about not knowing all the Pokemon etc.

For example, in Red i knew every Pokemon and who they would evolve into etc - but there was only 150. Now there is probably OVER 9000 Pokemon.

So if i started with Black/White, are the same 150 pokemon already in there PLUS the new pokemon?

None of the original 150 are in Black/White until after you beat the game. But every Pokemon EVER made is available after you beat the Pokemon League(though you have to trade for some.) Black/White are the only games in the series to do this. In all of the others, at least a few old Pokemon were thrown into the mix early on.

As for knowing evolutions, etc...
http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/pokemon.shtml
This should help.

If you're feeling nostalgic and want lots of old Pokemon, try Heart Gold/ Soul Silver. There's a lot of classics in those, and the original areas from the first game are there too.

User Info: lambchips

lambchips
3 years ago#8
get heartgold/soul silver
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green

User Info: gilv3r

gilv3r
3 years ago#9
lambchips posted...
Awaiting: PoE OB, Metal Gear Rising, and Last of Us

User Info: NathanisDrake

NathanisDrake
3 years ago#10
gilv3r posted...
lambchips posted...
http://fanboygaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/3ds-it-prints-money.gif // http://i.cubeupload.com/F9TsUH.gif
Vita PSN : NateisD
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How to start Pokemon again?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived