How to start Pokemon again?

#11AAANGRY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 1:55:32 AM
Heart gold/ soul silver - whats the difference in them?
---
You are a fool. I'm going to crush you... and throw you into the wind. - Vegeta
#12ares9090Posted 2/2/2013 2:13:38 AM(edited)
Heart gold/ soul silver - whats the difference in them?

Basically the difference that red had versus blue, the availability and frequency of found Pokémon in the wild.

In HG you catch the cover legendary fairly early in the game considering you visit Kanto too, and the cover legendary of the other version very late in the game.

HeartGold and SoulSilver are enhaced remakes of the old Gold and Silver for GB with some elements of Crystal added here and there, so, basically is Gen II updated to have 493 Pokémon

---
3DS FC Ares 3738 0446 1787 <> Black 2 FC Enyalio 0562 4621 2772
DW Collection: http://tinyurl.com/3qz7odk
#13mmpepsiPosted 2/2/2013 2:43:49 AM
AAANGRY posted...
Ok, yeah im more worried about not knowing all the Pokemon etc.

For example, in Red i knew every Pokemon and who they would evolve into etc - but there was only 150. Now there is probably OVER 9000 Pokemon.

So if i started with Black/White, are the same 150 pokemon already in there PLUS the new pokemon?

Black/White has only new Pokemon until after you beat it so you can just focus on learning those.

I took a long break from Pokemon as well and came back when Black/White were released so I sort of did the same thing as you.
#14AAANGRY(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:55:06 AM
ok cool. Black/white is on DS? I have a 3DS so whatever i can get on that would be best so i dont have to crack out my old GBA etc :P
---
You are a fool. I'm going to crush you... and throw you into the wind. - Vegeta
#15aamotPosted 2/2/2013 6:30:13 AM
If you can, wait for 9 months and get Pokemon X. That game will have a lot stronger impact if it's your first Pokemon game in a long time.

And to pass the time until then? Knock somebody up!

And buy the baby Pokemon Y!
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#16JoeHigashi2000Posted 2/2/2013 6:36:33 AM
Either B/W 2 or just wait till X/Y. You won't have a hard time catching up. The games still explain everything for beginners throughout the game.
---
GT: J03HIG45HI PS3/Vita: JoeHigashi2000 3DS: 0817-3804-7210
#17PkmTrainerAbramPosted 2/2/2013 6:39:42 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
I'd start with hg/ss if you don't want to pick up gba games. if you think you might want to pick up gba games try to find emerald or fire red/leaf green. the original gameboy games won't even work now because they use a battery to save that dies after arround 15 years...

Batteries can be replaced and there's quite a few places that will change the batteries for you instead of risking doing it yourself. Nintendo Repair Shop and Estarland come to mind.

Go with HG/SS.
---
Currently playing: DragonQuest IV Chapters of the Choosen(DS, complete except for a few items), Pokemon Platinum/Heartgold(JPN), Street Fighter 3(Xbox360)
#18Jamar95Posted 2/2/2013 7:00:28 AM
If you want to start from the beginning, you can get roms of the gameboy color games gold,silver, and crystal and the gameboy advance games ruby, sapphire, and emerald. All the Pokemon games after the gameboy advance is for the DS
---
3DS Friend Code: 2191-7798-3462
PSN:Jamthenice1
#19GaiamageXPosted 2/2/2013 11:55:55 AM
Without a doubt, you want to start with heart gold or soul silver. They're not the newest Pokemon games, but they're the best balance of the newest and the familiar. You'll encounter some Pokemon from the first generation and will get exposed to new Pokemon from the second generation. After the elite 4, you'll get to see the 3rd and 4th generations of Pokemon. I think it's the most natural progression if you've only played red or blue. Get black 2 or white 2 if you want more or wait until October for Pokemon x and y. HG/SS can definitely keep you busy for that long. There's so much to do, and in my opinion, it's more than black and white 2.
---
Final Fantasy XIII
- March 9, 2010 -
#20mmpepsiPosted 2/2/2013 11:59:41 AM
AAANGRY posted...
ok cool. Black/white is on DS? I have a 3DS so whatever i can get on that would be best so i dont have to crack out my old GBA etc :P

Yep.

I play it on my 3ds too.