Why don't you have an NA/JP 3DS?

#21HakuPosted 2/2/2013 2:04:04 PM(edited)
shampoowarrior posted...
Haku posted...
MrFwibbles posted...
RayzerTag posted...
Because I'm stupid and I didn't realize EU would get shafted again by Nintendo when I bought my 3DS.

Why not sell your EU system and games and use that money to buy an NA system and the same games and continue to save money on the games you purchase in the future?

Where are these really cheap NA games? I keep seeing people saying they are so much cheaper than here, but I don't see it.

3DS game = 29.99 = $45.

NA game= $39.99 + shipping + the chance to get hit by VAT and the stupid admin fee. Even if you get it through with being done for VAT and the admin fee, it's still going to be nearly the same price, unless you find somewhere with free shipping. Then it's what $5 saving for every game, if you get them all in without being done for VAT.

I wouldn't think the savings would be too exciting unless you live in AUS. But $5 can add up and, more importantly, you can play the games EU never gets. Of course, sometimes the reverse is true like with Operation Rainfall. Better to just crack the system, imo, but overall probably better to import a NA system than buy PAL

Here (UK), they $5 saving on each is only assuming each one comes through without getting caught. They get caught and the game becomes $48 (31) + the admin fee from royal mail (8 I think). Suddenly the games is now 39 ($59).

Other points, fair enough. Although games being delayed/not released seems to depend on what you like. I've not come across something I want that is not released/hugely delayed. I don't play a lot of RPGs, though and it seems they are what it happens to a lot, oh and Atlus games, but I would not buy them anyway (I won't support them). EU club Nintendo is pretty good as well (Mario kart trophies are great and so is the sound cube).

Really though, I was just interested in the cheap US games. Always people are saying they are so much cheaper, both on the 3DS and other consoles, yet I can't seem to find these great savings. Even on the other consoles it's the same, US games are so much cheaper, yet they are $60. 39.99 ($60) here, no great saving to be made.
#22MrBanballowPosted 2/2/2013 2:16:39 PM
Koyomi_Araragi posted...
NA I have, JP would mean learning another language which I don't feel up to doing.

Depends what games you're playing. There are plenty of games that you can make your way through without knowing a lick of Japanese. I've imported 4 games, and only one of them has proved to be unplayable.

For reference...

Hatsune Miku and Future Stars: Project Mirai... Playable.
Nazo Waku Yakata... Playable, though I did have to go online to find a few JP phrases.
Onna no Ko to Misshitsu ni Itara **shichau Kamoshirenai... Unplayable, my fault though for not doing enough research. I knew it was an escape the room game, I did not realize I would have to give the girls commands by writing them out.
Senran Kagura Burst... Playable, though the story is a mystery to me.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008