It seems like the 3DS XL has a " warmer " color tone .

#1Dual-Shock3Posted 2/2/2013 8:26:24 AM
instead of being tinted yellow. I've recently got a 3DS XL and being a graphic designer myself i can say that the XL screen is not actually " Yellowish " like people would normally say.

It actually is warmer in tone compared to the normal 3DS. Just my 2 cents.
#290sRetroGamingPosted 2/2/2013 8:59:16 AM(edited)
This is the best comparision i could come up with for how the white tones were between my original launch 3DS and my new 3DS XL from late 12':

http://www.artwedding.com/media/catalog/product/wedding/D/Dull-Polished-Design-DIY-Invitation-Kit-DP4003-Sapphire-and-Antique-White.jpg

The original launch 3DS screens have the whites of the opened envelope.. and the 3DS XL screens have the whites of the postcard directly below it towards the right. weird.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#3adampeltzPosted 2/2/2013 9:17:05 AM
Dual-Shock3 posted...
instead of being tinted yellow. I've recently got a 3DS XL and being a graphic designer myself i can say that the XL screen is not actually " Yellowish " like people would normally say.

It actually is warmer in tone compared to the normal 3DS. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. But a high color warmth increases the depth of reds and yellows.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#4jedinatPosted 2/2/2013 10:35:46 AM
It's highly depended on the individual unit... my regular 3DS was warmer than my XL is.
#590sRetroGamingPosted 2/2/2013 11:02:01 AM
jedinat posted...
It's highly depended on the individual unit... my regular 3DS was warmer than my XL is.

When did you buy your regular 3DS?. most of the reports of the "warmer" tinted screens appearing came about a couple months after the official price drop. makes sense when you think about it. drop the price and reduce the quality at the same time ;).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#6jedinatPosted 2/2/2013 11:06:40 AM(edited)
90sRetroGaming posted...
jedinat posted...

When did you buy your regular 3DS?. most of the reports of the "warmer" tinted screens appearing came about a couple months after the official price drop. makes sense when you think about it. drop the price and reduce the quality at the same time ;).

I got the Zelda bundle just as they were going out of stock. The first one I had was brighter or "cooler", but I immediately exchanged it because the D pad was unresponsive.