Should I just download FE:Awakening?

#1DilliciousPosted 2/2/2013 8:52:35 AM
I'd have no chance in hell getting a physcial copy on the 4th right?

I didn't preorder, I didn't even care for FE until I played the demo.

It was amazing, and now I'm so hyped.

So is there anyway I could get it at bestbuy, walmart etc?

Or should I just download because I would have no chance?
---
3DS FC:1504-6147-0115
Currently Playing: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Unchained Blades
#290sRetroGamingPosted 2/2/2013 8:55:04 AM
You should wait.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#3zavlinzPosted 2/2/2013 9:03:33 AM(edited)
If you dont mind waiting a week for the dust to settle, might as well try to get a physical copy, you might get lucky and find it around 4th or 5th. But if you need the guarantee of playing it, then go with the eshop. Just keep in mind that the download is bound to your system (if you lose the system you cant redownload the game).
I mean really, theres no reason why you cant look for it on the 4th, and if you dont find it, then download.
#4dizanimatorPosted 2/2/2013 9:46:06 AM
I've decided to just download it. Between the fact that I don't know how hard it will be to find, and with it being winter I'm not sure that I'll want to drive anywhere to get a copy, the effort to get a physical copy isn't worth it to me.
#5IamPeanutButterPosted 2/2/2013 10:04:20 AM
the download is bound to your system (if you lose the system you cant re-download the game).

This exactly. I also recommend looking toward the long-term. If a small demo is enough to get you both hyped and amazed at the same, who's to say you aren't going to play the game again and again many times over, perhaps even on different revisions of the 3DS?

#6ValzacardXPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:47 AM
Just check a couple of stores and see if you get one. Every time I didn't pre order I was always able to get the game. Some stores have extra copies. If not wait, but if not go digital I guess, its really up to you.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#7_OdarpPosted 2/2/2013 1:23:39 PM
IamPeanutButter posted...
the download is bound to your system (if you lose the system you cant re-download the game).

This exactly. I also recommend looking toward the long-term. If a small demo is enough to get you both hyped and amazed at the same, who's to say you aren't going to play the game again and again many times over, perhaps even on different revisions of the 3DS?

System transfer...
---
If I was Rick Astley I would randomly Rick Roll people in the street. Total ownage.
PSN: Pratypus
#8KeleenRemPosted 2/2/2013 1:32:50 PM
_Odarp posted...

System transfer...

You're usually able to trade in a current model for a discounted price of the revision model. It'll be difficult to convince the clerk to allow you to transfer between the two systems in the store.
#9Miggi3Fr3shPosted 2/2/2013 1:39:34 PM
It's not going to be a hard to find game. Not sure why one would think that.
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 PSN: Miggi3Fr3sh86
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#1090sRetroGamingPosted 2/2/2013 1:44:41 PM
_Odarp posted...

System transfer...

Only 5 transfers...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com