Footage of Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

#1EngineR2Posted 2/2/2013 10:00:42 AM
Not sure if anyone has posted this, and I apologize in advance in they have, but a user on Youtube has posted a gameplay video, thanks to a store breaking the street date.

Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1EWO5iC7KQ&feature=player_embedded

Things of note, as stated by him(and by extention, MetaRyan from tssznews.com)

According to the user who uploaded the video, the graphics look better than MK 7′s.
Important points:
Transforming works.
The controls seem to work great.
There’s a World Tour Mode.
There’s Online, Local, and Download Play.
There’s StreetPass functionality.
There are Game Add-Ons. That’s DLC. “In single race mode, there’s 4 places reserved for DLC”.
Basically, everything major seems to be here, plus 3DS-specific stuff.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#2TheGreatUnownPosted 2/2/2013 10:13:25 AM
Looks much better than the lousy screenshots. Might get this game.
---
PSN: phantom_xii 3ds:1161 0212 6579
Pokemon Black 2: 2194 6434 0293
#3Mega_RatPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:52 AM
Damn, looks really good. Now I really want it.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#4rizsparkyPosted 2/2/2013 11:16:57 AM
Looks much better then Mario Kart.... interesting
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#590sRetroGamingPosted 2/2/2013 11:46:19 AM
Haha, it has the missing single player modes MK7 doesn't have but should have included:

World Tour = MKDD/MKDS/MKW's "All Cup Tour"

Single Race = MKSC's "Quick Run"

I wonder if the Local Multiplayer is better than MK7 (not dumbing down the "World Tour" to only 4 courses per session, timed character selection, timed intervals between the end of races and the beginning of new ones, can't pause the game at all during races).

I'm also liking the "Controls" option here. hopefully fully customizible. i'd like to map everything how it was in MKW/MK7.

"Audio"?. hopefully this is a music player or "Jukebox" to be able to listen to all in-game tunes! :).

Only thing that looks dissapointing about this release from what i can see is the framerate issues. i don't understand how this is possible considering they delayed the game an extra two months to do more polishing. i sure hope this means an update is on the way to fix this...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#6EngineR2(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:53:35 AM
They wanted to make a graphically impressive game, but this looks like it was at the cost of a smooth-running game. I really like the fact that this game looks awesome, but I hope the framerate isn't too bad. If it is, I'd rather have the smooth-running game.

Keep in mind, the video recorded makes the framerate look worse than it actually is.
---
Not changing sig until Toad, Jill and Drill Dozer are playable characters in the new Smash Bros.
#790sRetroGamingPosted 2/2/2013 12:05:26 PM
EngineR2 posted...
They wanted to make a graphically impressive game, but this looks like it was at the cost of a smooth-running game. I really like the fact that this game looks awesome, but I hope the framerate isn't too bad. If it is, I'd rather have the smooth-running game.

Keep in mind, the video recorded makes the framerate look worse than it actually is.

I wonder what the real fps is here. MK7's had a full smooth 60fps in 2D and in 3D mode, as well as both when online. pretty dissapointing to hear nonetheless though...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#8abbyhitterPosted 2/2/2013 12:09:57 PM
Looks pretty damn good to me.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#9hydra_dragonPosted 2/2/2013 2:55:02 PM
They said they were going to kid it up, so o hope it isn't really easy
---
Snitches are everywhere on GameFAQs
#10MinamoPosted 2/2/2013 4:42:29 PM
rizsparky posted...
Looks much better then Mario Kart.... interesting

It IS better than Mario Kart.