Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

#11SoaringDivePosted 2/2/2013 7:58:42 PM
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, so you grind for random drops, so you can upgrade your equipment to grind for more random drops. (as for it's relationship to other RPGs? I'd describe it as Action Farmville than an RPG...)

Or Luigi's Mansion, an actual game.

Hmm, tough choice!
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#12dancer62Posted 2/2/2013 11:25:30 PM
More milking of tired Nintendo franchises, vs. a new Monster Hunter? Hmm.. tough decision.

Now if there was another in the endless series of direct-to-bargain-bin Sonic games, that'd make it interesting, heh?
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#13jedinatPosted 2/2/2013 11:28:26 PM
dancer62 posted...
More milking of tired Nintendo franchises, vs. a new Monster Hunter? Hmm.. tough decision.

Now if there was another in the endless series of direct-to-bargain-bin Sonic games, that'd make it interesting, heh?

...what? Luigi's Mansion has had a single game and it's been many years. If any milking is going on it's on the Monster Hunter side of that "vs".
#14Lord_FroodPosted 2/2/2013 11:34:28 PM
dancer and SD need to try harder.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#15oGuardianHXoPosted 2/2/2013 11:51:36 PM
I logged in just to suggest Monster Hunter. No, the grinding isn't that bad. I've suffered through crap like Borderlands 2 (and actually enjoyed it for awhile) and tons of other RPGs... but Monster Hunter's grinding doesn't get so incessantly boring. There's a time where you get to move on and fight more and more challenging AI.

Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube was great, and I plan to get Dark Moon, but I wouldn't pass up Monster Hunter for it.
---
Walker of Bee's Knees
#16VerySolidusSnakPosted 2/3/2013 12:20:35 AM
Have you ever played a monster hunter game before? Just beware of this one. Probably it was because monster hunter freedom unite was too confusing with the menus or it felt old or the controls felt weird or something, but I regretted buying it for the PS Vita on the PSN store back in August before I went to college. At least with Luigi's Mansion I feel like I will definitely enjoy it more because of it's charm and gameplay, BUT! I will still buy MH3U in the near future since I got the circle pad pro and probably I will like it with the 3D graphics and the overall feeling of "newness"(If you understand what I mean by that), and I will like to support the devs for actually localizing it here even though it's not as popular here in the States. Plus, my college friend wants to buy a 3DS for Monster Hunter so maybe we can play.
I always liked the idea behind monster hunter: fighting huge challenging monsters with equipment that you worked hard to get. I don't really care if I play it by myself really. I beat all of Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker's extra missions and monster hunting missions by myself and I must say, it was hard but I had some of the best weapons in the game thanks to all the hard effort I put into it. I had a huge feeling of satisfaction beating the levels that are built around co-op by myself with no help (I wanted to beat the missions with my friend during the summer, but he got it right when I finished everything). Sure Monster Hunter is more challenging and different, but still...
Anyways, it is really up to you. These are two very different games, so pick out the one you feel you will enjoy most. As for me, I will most likely get Luigi's Mansion first and then MH3U since I know I have a better chance of enjoying LM more.