Not much talk for Gunman Clive here...

#121_21Posted 2/2/2013 1:59:56 PM(edited)
I just recently downloaded this game and wow, the game is beautifully made. Reminds me of a bit like Contra and Megaman and yet it has a charm of its own. The difficulty is also just right. At the beginning it's easy for people to get into the game but as you progress through the levels it gets harder and harder. And all this for only 2 bucks.

I say this game is up there with other titles like Liberation Maiden and Cave Story, etc. Thoughts?
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#2marioparty17Posted 2/2/2013 2:02:44 PM
It because your 3 week late.
---
3DS FC 2535-3692-1887 PSN : MARIOPARTY17
He covered from head to toe in weaponary, like a rainbow apocalypses - Viridi Goddess of Nature from KI:U
#321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:04:05 PM
marioparty17 posted...
It because your 3 week late.

Nope. I don't think that's the reason. Other games still get mentioned pretty often even after it's been out for months compared to this.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#4DarkstarRipclawPosted 2/2/2013 2:11:42 PM
Well, it is picking up a bit of a revival, part because of NeoGAF, part from being featured on the eShop front row.
---
Wish Upon a Darkstar
#5CronoDynePosted 2/2/2013 2:27:21 PM
There's like 3 topics about the game per week, most of which ask ironically why the game isn't talked about much.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 2:48:13 PM
CronoDyne posted...
There's like 3 topics about the game per week, most of which ask ironically why the game isn't talked about much.

Great! At least I'm not the only one seeing this issue!
---
Currently playing:
#7SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 2:54:55 PM
i thought about getting it but i keep hearing it's hard and i avoid hard games like the plague.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#8poptarts22Posted 2/2/2013 3:33:54 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
i thought about getting it but i keep hearing it's hard and i avoid hard games like the plague.

It has Easy / Normal / Hard difficulty levels. And as someone who usually plays on Normal, I was able to beat Hard mode with all 3 characters without issue.

TL;DR Version: YOU HEARD WRONG.
#9SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 3:39:47 PM
poptarts22 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

It has Easy / Normal / Hard difficulty levels. And as someone who usually plays on Normal, I was able to beat Hard mode with all 3 characters without issue.

then it's more a question of how easy is easy?
I'm so pathetic at games i find sm3dland too hard.(seriously) when developers label something easy it should be easy to someone even if it's the very first game they ever played.

Just like people complain when hard mode isn't really that hard if your experienced(in other words easy should easy for EVERYONE just as much as hard should be hard for everyone)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#10poptarts22Posted 2/2/2013 3:44:06 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
poptarts22 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

then it's more a question of how easy is easy?
I'm so pathetic at games i find sm3dland too hard.(seriously) when developers label something easy it should be easy to someone even if it's the very first game they ever played.

Just like people complain when hard mode isn't really that hard if your experienced(in other words easy should easy for EVERYONE just as much as hard should be hard for everyone)

Easy mode allows you to clear levels while taking many, many hits of damage. You can literally walk into half the enemies of the level and still clear it thanks to the ones you DO kill dropping health refills.

That being said, 3D Land even included God Mode invincibility for people who died more than 5 times in a level, so if you found THAT game hard even with the built-in GameShark codes, I'm not so sure you should continue playing video games as a hobby.

You could try Kirby's Epic Yarn. It is literally impossible to die in that game. You just lose beads.