Not much talk for Gunman Clive here...

#11SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 4:48:10 PM
poptarts22 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
poptarts22 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
i thought about getting it but i keep hearing it's hard and i avoid hard games like the plague.

It has Easy / Normal / Hard difficulty levels. And as someone who usually plays on Normal, I was able to beat Hard mode with all 3 characters without issue.

TL;DR Version: YOU HEARD WRONG.

then it's more a question of how easy is easy?
I'm so pathetic at games i find sm3dland too hard.(seriously) when developers label something easy it should be easy to someone even if it's the very first game they ever played.

Just like people complain when hard mode isn't really that hard if your experienced(in other words easy should easy for EVERYONE just as much as hard should be hard for everyone)

Easy mode allows you to clear levels while taking many, many hits of damage. You can literally walk into half the enemies of the level and still clear it thanks to the ones you DO kill dropping health refills.

That being said, 3D Land even included God Mode invincibility for people who died more than 5 times in a level, so if you found THAT game hard even with the built-in GameShark codes, I'm not so sure you should continue playing video games as a hobby.

You could try Kirby's Epic Yarn. It is literally impossible to die in that game. You just lose beads.

except the "god mode" isn't available in the second half of the game at all. and the second half is several times harder then the first.

if it was like nsmb2 were you can use it on every single level you'd have a point but you cannot
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#12poptarts22Posted 2/2/2013 4:50:50 PM
Yes, but the second half of the game is AFTER the credits; it is intended to get a bump in difficulty as optional content just the same as the Special world in Super Mario World. The developers wanted the main section of the game to be beatable by anyone and it was. They accomplished their game design goal.

All I was saying is that developers can only make games so easy; there has to be SOME kind of risk, otherwise you get to the point of just moving a virtual character to the end of a virtual environment and you're better off just watching a movie instead.
#1321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 4:59:04 PM
Dude, just man the f*** up and play the game and see for yourself if you like it. If it's getting great reviews for it, try it. Who cares if the game is hard or piss easy? Actually, games shouldn't be piss easy....

And besides, from what I've played, the game isn't even that hard. It's nowhere near as hard as Contra or Megaman. I'm not the greatest gamer ever, and if it's anything, if there's a game that I can play and beat, then chances are you can do it better.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#14SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 5:07:41 PM
poptarts22 posted...
Yes, but the second half of the game is AFTER the credits; it is intended to get a bump in difficulty as optional content just the same as the Special world in Super Mario World. The developers wanted the main section of the game to be beatable by anyone and it was. They accomplished their game design goal.

All I was saying is that developers can only make games so easy; there has to be SOME kind of risk, otherwise you get to the point of just moving a virtual character to the end of a virtual environment and you're better off just watching a movie instead.

or maybe i want to enjoy my games without cause my self more stress. And it's bs that your whinning about there being no risk anyways. your not the one playing the game you have no right to tell me how to play.

Maybe you'll shut up about it when you have a stress induced heart attack? go play animal crossing and tell me it's just a movie.
---
#15Tzuba12Posted 2/2/2013 5:23:01 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
poptarts22 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
poptarts22 posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
i thought about getting it but i keep hearing it's hard and i avoid hard games like the plague.

It has Easy / Normal / Hard difficulty levels. And as someone who usually plays on Normal, I was able to beat Hard mode with all 3 characters without issue.

I'm so pathetic at games i find sm3dland too hard.(seriously) when developers label something easy it should be easy to someone even if it's the very first game they ever played.

Just like people complain when hard mode isn't really that hard if your experienced(in other words easy should easy for EVERYONE just as much as hard should be hard for everyone)

Easy mode allows you to clear levels while taking many, many hits of damage. You can literally walk into half the enemies of the level and still clear it thanks to the ones you DO kill dropping health refills.

That being said, 3D Land even included God Mode invincibility for people who died more than 5 times in a level, so if you found THAT game hard even with the built-in GameShark codes, I'm not so sure you should continue playing video games as a hobby.

You could try Kirby's Epic Yarn. It is literally impossible to die in that game. You just lose beads.

except the "god mode" isn't available in the second half of the game at all. and the second half is several times harder then the first.

if it was like nsmb2 were you can use it on every single level you'd have a point but you cannot

Have you ever considered that the game really is easy and you just suck at video games? And the "God Mode" he was referring to is after you die a certain amount of times, the game just GIVES you an invincible tanooki suit with the Starman effect, just to go through the level. If you STILL die with that, then its possible you just really suck.

And if video games are too much for you and raise your stress level, then you should really stop playing them, or stick to Animal Crossing or any games where you can't die.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#16SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 5:31:36 PM

Have you ever considered that the game really is easy and you just suck at video games? And the "God Mode" he was referring to is after you die a certain amount of times, the game just GIVES you an invincible tanooki suit with the Starman effect, just to go through the level. If you STILL die with that, then its possible you just really suck.

And if video games are too much for you and raise your stress level, then you should really stop playing them, or stick to Animal Crossing or any games where you can't die.

or maybe you should stick to dark souls if easy games bug you. and again it's only the EASY levels in the game where the feature actually works.

I'm sick of people like you who tell people how to play. I got news for you can make any game hard if you do the right challenge runs.

IF i have to put effort into making the game easy you shouldn't act like it's a sin that you have to put effort into making the game hard.
Btw what your talking about is descrimination.

If a person has bad motor skills they should be banned for playing a game,that hurts no one?
Hell we shouldn't add subtitles to are games either! if you cannot hear you shouldn't play games. that's the logic your presenting,that because i have a disability i shouldn't be allowed to have fun.
---
#1721_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 5:42:34 PM
If video games gave you a heart attack then you shouldn't be playing them to begin with.

And deaf people can play video games just so long as they're not too keen on the story or music. You're comparing the difficulty of the game to a case of disability? Are you trying to make me laugh?
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#18SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 5:47:53 PM
21_21 posted...
If video games gave you a heart attack then you shouldn't be playing them to begin with.

And deaf people can play video games just so long as they're not too keen on the story or music. You're comparing the difficulty of the game to a case of disability? Are you trying to make me laugh?

execpt i do have a legit disability that causes me to have problems. so shut up,your just mad because for SOME REASON me wanting an option to make the game easier kills you.

You every thought and this is a novel idea,but making the game have an easier play mode allows developers to make hard mode even harder?

Look at rayman origin way harder then most mario games yet you get infinite lives?
And not only that but when you get good enough at the game that the game is easy to you it's still enjoyable. Unlike sm3dland which is boring no matter how much trouble it gives you.
---
#19Mega_RatPosted 2/2/2013 6:02:46 PM
Gunman Clive is only hard to someone like me ... you know, the person trying to get every single invisible par time and no damage run.

Without striving for those, the game is easy as hell, well easy medium I suppose. Beat it on hard on my first run with all 3 characters.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#2021_21(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 6:14:09 PM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...
21_21 posted...

execpt i do have a legit disability that causes me to have problems. so shut up,your just mad because for SOME REASON me wanting an option to make the game easier kills you.

You every thought and this is a novel idea,but making the game have an easier play mode allows developers to make hard mode even harder?

Look at rayman origin way harder then most mario games yet you get infinite lives?
And not only that but when you get good enough at the game that the game is easy to you it's still enjoyable. Unlike sm3dland which is boring no matter how much trouble it gives you.

Yup, you're right. I'm dying over here, but you're wrong in that wanting an option is not what kills me. It's stupidity that does.

And legit disability? Oh please, pardon my ignorance, but apart from not being able to walk, the only other disability I can think of that still lets you play games is diabetes, where your blood sugar can drastically alter if you get anxious too much. I can't think of any other disabilities that doesn't hinder your gaming hobbies....

But wait a sec, I'm going off tangent. The main point of this is that in reality, you're whining not because of your disability or the fact that you're allowed an option, It's much more simple than that. It's because you just plain suck at video games, and you're using your disability as a scapegoat for your foolishness, assuming you're even saying the truth...

I mean, Super Mario 3D Land? Too hard? Or the fact that you need to constantly question the difficulty of the game? Plain stupidity is what it is....
---
Currently playing: