Super Mario 3D Land Outpacing Galaxy in sales

#11SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 5:51:56 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...
LOL @ anyone who thinks 3DLand is better than Galaxy.

Honestly i don't really get it. galaxy one is easier then sm3dland(imo)
seriously i've gotten every single star in galaxy one and i haven't even got half the star coins in this game.

I guess i'm the only person in the world who thinks top down view points in platformer leads to lots of cheap deaths(i.e the camera is screwing you ovet not your actual lack of skill)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#12MarsfordPosted 2/2/2013 6:00:35 PM
My feelings are that the Galaxy games are better games, but Super Mario 3D Land is more fun. Doesn't make sense right?

It's because I think 99% of people will say that the Galaxy games had better level design, soundtrack, graphics, and content.

HOWEVER, I strongly feel 3D Land simply had funner gameplay. I had to force myself to finish Galaxy 2, even though the game was pretty spectacular. I had to control myself from 100%ing 3D Land for the third time so I could finish some schoolwork.
---
"but if you're the kind of person who thinks that anything with primary colors is for kids than nothing will change your mind." - Arucard05
#13poptarts22Posted 2/2/2013 7:12:53 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...

It's hard to take someone seriously when they are named after one of the worst RPG series of all time.
#14Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 2/2/2013 7:44:15 PM
GoldenSun3DS posted...

---
PSN : The14thOne.
#15SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 7:47:58 PM
poptarts22 posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...

It's hard to take someone seriously when they are named after one of the worst RPG series of all time.

it's hard to take you seriously when your named after a food that taste like ear wax.
Also golden sun is great much better then any mario platformer.(except mario 3)
---
#16SoaringDivePosted 2/2/2013 7:50:29 PM
Well, Mario Galaxy IS a hard concept to get, for many people who aren't familiar with gaming. Because it has running in all three dimensions, and you're actively moving in all three dimensions (think sphere). Juggle on top of that jumping, and the games can get pretty confusing for those that aren't capable of really thinking in three vectors in that way.

In Super Mario 3D Land, you run two dimensionally, and jump as your only real interaction with that third dimension. Easier to grasp and get into. So it's no surprise that more people find themselves enjoying this title instead.
---
PM (on GFaqs) me if you add me (I won't bite)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#17KGTriggerPosted 2/2/2013 7:53:14 PM
SMASHKING84 posted...
poptarts22 posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...

it's hard to take you seriously when your named after a food that taste like ear wax.

I like this guy.

Besides, Mario Galaxy was a better game.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089; Steam: Joben
#18SMASHKING84Posted 2/2/2013 8:01:16 PM
KGTrigger posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
poptarts22 posted...
GoldenSun3DS posted...

I like this guy.

Besides, Mario Galaxy was a better game.

it really is. Normallybi don't like hard games but i felt galaxy did something no mario since mario 3 did(and no mario after galaxy)
It made the game challenging but never ever in a frustrating way.

Maybe galaxy 1 could've been a little harder(personally i liked it as is) but again it was challenging if it's challenging then it's doesn't nessicarily need to be like dark souls.

You can have a game be so easy it's boring but at the same time the opposite is true.
sometimes a game is too hard it loses it's charm and you force yourself to finish the game only to never play the levels you had trouble with again.
or even worse the level is hard but once you get used to that difficulty the game is boring.
---
#19silenthill4vidPosted 2/2/2013 8:04:01 PM
Magikoopa21 posted...
I actually thought 3D Land was the better game. It's my second favorite Mario behind 64. Anyway, I'm glad it's doing this well!

yea same here, the linearity of the galaxies aint my bag.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#20teh1337gosuPosted 2/2/2013 8:28:11 PM
Marsford posted...
My feelings are that the Galaxy games are better games, but Super Mario 3D Land is more fun. Doesn't make sense right?

It's because I think 99% of people will say that the Galaxy games had better level design, soundtrack, graphics, and content.

HOWEVER, I strongly feel 3D Land simply had funner gameplay. I had to force myself to finish Galaxy 2, even though the game was pretty spectacular. I had to control myself from 100%ing 3D Land for the third time so I could finish some schoolwork.

3dland probably had some of the best gameplay and pacing in the series.
---
Yvan eht nioj