How many of you used guides to beat Paper Mario Sticker Star?

#11VerySolidusSnak(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:55:42 PM
Now I'm at the part to defeat Bowser. Thanks to using the IGN wiki guide I know of the horrors that I would have passed through if I never knew how to battle him. Also, I have to fight him 5 times in a roll?! Outrageous! I don't think any other mario game had this many parts in a Bowser fight. I still like the charm of the game but sheesh...
#12GenericName9Posted 2/3/2013 2:45:41 AM
For the most part I enjoyed the challenge in this game. I really did'nt need a game guide to beat it, I did check a FAQ to find two last stickers I needed to complete the museum. I beat Bowser without a guide and from listening to everyone else I think I must have had some real dumb luck, I just accidently stumbled upon the right things to do. I really enjoyed the game, I found it difficult but not frustratingly so.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#13AnclationPosted 2/3/2013 3:23:53 AM
I beat it without ever using a guide, and had a lot of fun with it. It's harder than the other Paper Mario games, but I didn't find it overly difficult in terms of puzzles (maybe it helped that I'd been playing a lot of Wario Land 3 before getting Sticker Star).
#14abbyhitterPosted 2/3/2013 6:06:44 AM
I had a lot of dumb luck with this game. I never would have beat this game without a guide if I didn't hammer everything or press A on every nook and cranny of the game's levels.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#15rahxephon122Posted 2/3/2013 8:17:20 AM
I never had any problems or needed a FAQ.

There was one pretty frustrating part with garbage that I had to quit and restart the level to get the goat for though.
---
Ich habe keinen Meister bis auf den Wind der Freiheit!
#16JoeBudden42Posted 2/3/2013 8:26:30 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#17Phantom_NookPosted 2/3/2013 8:29:24 AM
Sometimes I'd have to go check a bosses weakness or a cryptic puzzle. I even kept the FAQ open on my 3DS's web browser so I could check without running to a computer.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#18CronoDynePosted 2/3/2013 1:28:29 PM
To the people saying you had "no trouble" and used "no guides," you either a.) have the luck of the gods and just happened to stumble upon every scrap and thing sticker needed at the right moment or b.) have no qualms wandering aimlessly for hours hoping you'll find what you need.
---
Goodbye Chewy. You were the best friend I could ask for. Rest in peace, buddy.
#19SuperMario1998Posted 2/3/2013 1:31:04 PM(edited)
I didn't use a guide, and it was incredibly fun.

I hate how people dont want to think anymore.
---
If you have 4 pencils and 7 apples, how many pancakes will fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don't wear hats.
#20JoeBudden42Posted 2/3/2013 1:56:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]