Do any of you guys buy retail games from the eShop?

#1190sRetroGamingPosted 2/3/2013 2:58:05 AM
Technically only once so far. Art Academy: Lesson's for Everyone. this was of course the only way to get the free (LE for 3DS) Donkey Kong: Original Edition game. the price @ a full MSRP of $29.99 + tax for a downloadable title was a hard pill to swallow but i said F it and did it anyay.

I already wanted this Art Academy game (more like App) anyway and DKOE so it was a no brainer at the end of the day, even with the horrible pricing.

I also have the digital version of MK7 but i didn't actually buy it from the eShop myself. it already came pre-installed on the 3DS XL holiday bundle from last year. after all discounts and free GC's i only paid $129.99 + tax for the bundle so i didn't mind it at all ;).

Other than that i doubt i'll buy another full retail game digitally unless:

1. Nintendo gets their head out of their asses, finally gets with the times and incorporate an actual user account system, which most of their competition seems to be able to do..

2. Has actual deals and sale on these digital copies..

3. Is the only way to get the game at all, i.e. Unchained Blades, etc.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#12blazeairPosted 2/3/2013 3:02:57 AM
No way, it's overpriced as crap.
---
Vita PSN: Blazeaire 3DS FC: 5112-4721-7123
~Sexy, Free & Single I'm ready to...BINGO!~
#1390sRetroGamingPosted 2/3/2013 3:09:04 AM
jedinat posted...
Prayer_abyss posted...
I bought Style Savvy: Trendsetters from e-shop because the stores in my country never stock them.

Yeah sure. We know it's because you're a 25 year old Harley-riding tattooed guy, and you just couldn't bring yourself to buy it in person.

Uh huh, because what he said never actually happens with certain games in different regions right? lol.
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#14IAznDragonI YanPosted 2/3/2013 3:11:27 AM
Prayer_abyss posted...
I bought Style Savvy: Trendsetters from e-shop because the stores in my country never stock them.

Yeah sure. We know it's because you're a 25 year old Harley-riding tattooed guy, and you just couldn't bring yourself to buy it in person.

or you could have bought it online.
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#15iMURDAuPosted 2/3/2013 4:32:11 AM(edited)
Getting FE:A from the eShop. Its going to be the same price in stores but I won't have to pay tax or try to find a copy. I got New SMB2 from amazon for 31.59 last night. There was only one copy left at that price and that was like 9 hours ago so hurrrr up if you want it.

Edit: Found New SMB2 on ebay as $29.99 at buy it now price with free shipping. No reason to pay $40 for a digital copy.
---
"I'm saying people outside GameFAQs didn't care when Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled." horror_spooky
#16DeathSoul2000Posted 2/3/2013 4:30:09 AM
i refuse to buy any retail eshop game unless there's a promotion on(buy an xl, choose a game) or there's a price drop. short of those i ain't touching digital.
#17rockyminPosted 2/3/2013 4:39:36 AM
lolno. I don't buy anything from the eshop. And I won't until Nintendo changes the system so that purchases are tied to an account instead of the hardware. The only things I get from the eshop are games I get with CN coins.
---
"you cant call it piracy if they wont sell it to you in the first place." -Fallenswords
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#18SquareSidePosted 2/3/2013 5:12:26 AM
I got NSMB2 for that 100 club coins. Other than that I got Valkyria Chronicles II for PSP way back. I mostly buy physical.
---
PSN XBL n'' - SquareSide
True 3DS Ambassador. Not a scrub who came in late and saved a buck.
#19Kyoshiro12345Posted 2/3/2013 5:13:24 AM
3 so far, Monster Hunter 3g last year when it came out, also Bravely Default ff, and Animal crossing, all 3 bought right on release dates, it beats the 2days shippin playasia has.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#20esoteric42Posted 2/3/2013 5:24:21 AM
I rebought Super Mario 3D Land, because I love it.

I rebought Mario Kart 7 because I play it weekly with friends (saves me from having to switch out whatever other game I am playing at the time).

I bought Bit.Trip Saga.

Unchained Blades

Will buy Nano Assault EX when it releases this month or next,

I prefer retail games from eShop.

Will also be buying Fire Emblem on eShop, and returning the physical copy I had pre-ordered from Gamestoop so I am able to keep the art book..
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141