How Renegade Kid Can Rock the 3DS

#1SpecstechPosted 2/2/2013 11:31:33 PM
As most everyone knows, Renegade Kid is developing the first-ever first-person shooter for the Nintendo 3DS. As such, they have the potential to totally "awesomize" the 3DS experience. But only if they build the game right. They've got one shot, and let's hope it's good.

They'll be announcing more details at PAX East 2013, but for now, we know some stuff:

1. The game is a brand-new franchise. No Moon 2 or Dementium III. (Although Moon 2 would've been great.)

2. The game will be single-player only.

3. It's built as an eShop-exclusive release.

4. It's Circle Pad Pro-compatible.

So, no multiplayer really stinks, but RK still has a chance: a REALLY good campaign mode. Graphics, story, music, play-time, EVERYTHING has to be souped up. If they do that, this new FPS has got a chance to break open the market. Otherwise, it's GAME OVER.

Thoughts? Fire away!
---
---"I'm so awesome, Chuck Norris wouldn't dare wipe my face on the keyboarsdjgjikbewq..."---
#2shinie_aPosted 2/2/2013 11:33:57 PM
I can't wait to see what they have in store, I'm in need of a new, fresh fps!
#3Specstech(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:39:50 PM
shinie_a posted...
I can't wait to see what they have in store, I'm in need of a new, fresh fps!

Not just that, we need a new, fresh FPS for the 3DS system. It's been WAY too long overdue.
---
---"I'm so awesome, Chuck Norris wouldn't dare wipe my face on the keyboarsdjgjikbewq..."---
#4Nickcool1996Posted 2/2/2013 11:43:12 PM
Hm. I'm interested even more, considering I heard this was going to be in the horror genre.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o451/Behiimosu/dickkick.jpg
#5Specstech(Topic Creator)Posted 2/2/2013 11:55:36 PM
Nickcool1996 posted...
Hm. I'm interested even more, considering I heard this was going to be in the horror genre.

Really? Interesting. I thought it wasn't, but it doesn't matter. :)
---
#6druskiePosted 2/3/2013 1:42:19 AM
the FIRST, fps on the 3ds? does snake eater 3d not count as a fps?
---
the offical "tott" of the wind waker hd board
#7ferofaxPosted 2/3/2013 2:24:09 AM
I hope they go for a FPS RPG this time. Like, FPS through and through, but with upgradeable equipment, skill sets with multiple levels each, the whole she bang. And give us big, freakishly big levels that can justify long range sniping.
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#8Kilroy84(Moderator)Posted 2/3/2013 2:39:32 AM
Fairly certain that in a tweet, Jools said that it will reside in the horror genre.

I can't wait, but at least, the A.I. has to be better than what it was in Moon and the Dementiums.
---
MetroidMetal.com: \m/ Sex for your ears. \m/
#9taosapaoPosted 2/3/2013 3:21:29 AM
I am kinda interested with Renegade Kid recently. Hope that the new FPS they release will be fun to play.^_^

I would love to had more variety in my game library here.
#10DeathSoul2000Posted 2/3/2013 4:35:31 AM
druskie posted...
the FIRST, fps on the 3ds? does snake eater 3d not count as a fps?

uh no? you spend 90% of the game with the camera BEHIND snake. how in the hell is that first person?