Where can I find Fire Emblem on launch day?

#41TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 4:59:56 PM
Enclave posted...

I honestly cannot believe how anybody is willing to buy digitally from Nintendo, they're so freakin' behind the times.

And I honestly feel sorry for those who miss out on all the great titles available on the eshop over some "backwards Nintendo will steal my games" nonsense.

Need a bigger SD card? Copy files from one card to the other.
By a new 3DS? Use system transfer.
System die outright? Send it to Nintendo for repairs.
3DS stolen? Send Nintendo the police report.

In none of the above scenarios do you risk losing your games.
#42poptarts22Posted 2/3/2013 6:29:18 PM
No one is missing out.

The $40 games we can buy in cart form.

The few eShop-only games are only $2-8 so it doesn't feel like such a burn for them to not be tied to an account.
#43NeonYoshi11Posted 2/3/2013 6:31:27 PM
TBH from the sounds of it, anybody who finds a copy somewhere is going to be lucky.

I'm going to look everywhere tomorrow but I'm not sure any stores will have any in.

Maybe a small shop here or there that actually got their orders in on time.
#44BearpowersPosted 2/3/2013 6:54:59 PM
JTC87 posted...
Digital purchases are the future, I'm tired of people making up stupid things because they think they have to have a physical copy

The future is losing ownership rights to your possessions and you technically only renting them via a license they can revoke at any time?
#45Invader_SpoochPosted 2/3/2013 6:59:17 PM
Bearpowers posted...
JTC87 posted...
Digital purchases are the future, I'm tired of people making up stupid things because they think they have to have a physical copy

The future is losing ownership rights to your possessions and you technically only renting them via a license they can revoke at any time?

yeah, exactly. see the music industry, TV content, et cetera.

the digital age is here.
#46EnclavePosted 2/3/2013 7:35:07 PM
Torajima posted...
Enclave posted...

I honestly cannot believe how anybody is willing to buy digitally from Nintendo, they're so freakin' behind the times.

And I honestly feel sorry for those who miss out on all the great titles available on the eshop over some "backwards Nintendo will steal my games" nonsense.

Need a bigger SD card? Copy files from one card to the other.
By a new 3DS? Use system transfer.
System die outright? Send it to Nintendo for repairs.
3DS stolen? Send Nintendo the police report.

In none of the above scenarios do you risk losing your games.

Buy a new system and I cannot trade in my old system to get a discount.
3DS stolen? I shouldn't have to go through the trouble and headache of sending Nintendo the freakin' police report.

Besides, you didn't cover buying say a SNES game on the 3DS but being unable to transfer it over to my Wii.

Stop making excuses for Nintendos terrible business practices. They're behind the times in how they handle digital content. I really don't get why Nintendo fans are so willing to get ripped off when other companies are dealing with digital content properly.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#47TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 8:12:13 PM
Enclave posted...
Besides, you didn't cover buying say a SNES game on the 3DS but being unable to transfer it over to my Wii.

That my friend is a legitimate complaint. Others are paranoid nonsense though.

Stop making excuses for Nintendos terrible business practices. They're behind the times in how they handle digital content. I really don't get why Nintendo fans are so willing to get ripped off when other companies are dealing with digital content properly.

How exactly are we getting ripped off? I'm getting the same enjoyment out of my digital copies as you are with your physical copies. Maybe more so since my games are always available.

And it took Apple what, 5 years, to finally get a handle on dealing with digital content properly? I'm sure Nintendo will improve.
#48EnclavePosted 2/3/2013 9:02:18 PM
Torajima posted...
Enclave posted...

How exactly are we getting ripped off? I'm getting the same enjoyment out of my digital copies as you are with your physical copies. Maybe more so since my games are always available.

And it took Apple what, 5 years, to finally get a handle on dealing with digital content properly? I'm sure Nintendo will improve.

The others are not putting up with having to jump through hoops to access content you own.

Also, you need to ask how you're being ripped off? Seriously? The fact that you get the same enjoyment out of the game is not the least bit relevant. You still are renting the game from Nintendo and have to jump through hoops to move your purchases to other systems and in some cases are expected to buy the game multiple times just to play it on different systems. It's ridiculous.

Also, your mentioning Apple again is pretty pointless. When companies were first getting a handle on digital purchases they had systems similar to Nintendo, that's correct. However they didn't have the benefit of other companies having made industry standards. Those standards exist now and yet Nintendo STILL went with an archaic, outdated system that revolves around punishing your customers.

Not to mention, as long as people are actually buying games from their various online marketplaces Nintendo will never change since this unfair and consumer unfriendly system makes them more money than an account based system that allows you to play your games on multiple systems (be it the Wii U or the 3DS) with a single purchase ever could.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#49Invader_SpoochPosted 2/3/2013 9:13:57 PM(edited)
Enclave posted...
Torajima posted...
Enclave posted...

The others are not putting up with having to jump through hoops to access content you own.

Also, you need to ask how you're being ripped off? Seriously? The fact that you get the same enjoyment out of the game is not the least bit relevant. You still are renting the game from Nintendo and have to jump through hoops to move your purchases to other systems and in some cases are expected to buy the game multiple times just to play it on different systems. It's ridiculous.

Also, your mentioning Apple again is pretty pointless. When companies were first getting a handle on digital purchases they had systems similar to Nintendo, that's correct. However they didn't have the benefit of other companies having made industry standards. Those standards exist now and yet Nintendo STILL went with an archaic, outdated system that revolves around punishing your customers.

Not to mention, as long as people are actually buying games from their various online marketplaces Nintendo will never change since this unfair and consumer unfriendly system makes them more money than an account based system that allows you to play your games on multiple systems (be it the Wii U or the 3DS) with a single purchase ever could.

>logs on to eShop
>buys game
>plays game

man, am i really jumping through hoops here...

bonus:

>plays FE
>decide i want to play MK7
>exit to home screen and select MK7 because the game is already on the system, no need to swap cards

man, let me tell you how inconvenient that was
#50EnclavePosted 2/3/2013 9:14:20 PM(edited)
Invader_Spooch, try actually reading. I never commented on how convenient buying and downloading a game initially is.
---