Where can I find Fire Emblem on launch day?

#51mmpepsiPosted 2/3/2013 9:15:23 PM
Torajima posted...
Enclave posted...
Besides, you didn't cover buying say a SNES game on the 3DS but being unable to transfer it over to my Wii.

That my friend is a legitimate complaint. Others are paranoid nonsense though.

Stop making excuses for Nintendos terrible business practices. They're behind the times in how they handle digital content. I really don't get why Nintendo fans are so willing to get ripped off when other companies are dealing with digital content properly.

How exactly are we getting ripped off? I'm getting the same enjoyment out of my digital copies as you are with your physical copies. Maybe more so since my games are always available.

And it took Apple what, 5 years, to finally get a handle on dealing with digital content properly? I'm sure Nintendo will improve.

Hopefully they'll improve you mean. Just about any service that offers digital content has a normal reasonable way to track your content and make it incredibly easy to access and redownload, including Microsoft and Sony. With Nintendo its a hassle to redownload your content. Plain and simple.
#52Invader_SpoochPosted 2/3/2013 9:19:18 PM(edited)
Enclave posted...
Invader_Spooch, try actually reading. I never commented on how convenient buying and downloading a game initially is.

and that is the benefit to using DD media. everything is super convenient, as long as you don't have an obsessive urge to buy every new system configuration that comes out. and even then, it's a few simple taps to get the new system set up.

the only concern is if your system gets stolen (and fsr, you can't/won't give Nintendo evidence) and even then, you'd still lose the physical media you have in it at the time (and there is absolutely no way to get that back, barring catching the thief).

it's not perfect and is nowhere near PC quality but don't go on your high horse and preach to us about how we're being bent over on the table by Nintendo for using the eShop. as with all DD content, you rely on the company that's providing it. when was the last time Nintendo did something that would make you think they'd all of a sudden destroy your eShop game collection?
#53EnclavePosted 2/4/2013 1:54:46 PM
Invader_Spooch posted...
Enclave posted...
Invader_Spooch, try actually reading. I never commented on how convenient buying and downloading a game initially is.

and that is the benefit to using DD media. everything is super convenient, as long as you don't have an obsessive urge to buy every new system configuration that comes out. and even then, it's a few simple taps to get the new system set up.

the only concern is if your system gets stolen (and fsr, you can't/won't give Nintendo evidence) and even then, you'd still lose the physical media you have in it at the time (and there is absolutely no way to get that back, barring catching the thief).

it's not perfect and is nowhere near PC quality but don't go on your high horse and preach to us about how we're being bent over on the table by Nintendo for using the eShop. as with all DD content, you rely on the company that's providing it. when was the last time Nintendo did something that would make you think they'd all of a sudden destroy your eShop game collection?

That's right, it is nowhere near PC quality. So lets compare Nintendo to their direct competitor Sony. Oh look, Nintendos eshop/virtual console setup is archaic and horrible even compared to that.

Face it, Nintendo is raking in cash ripping off their customers by not following industry standards.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#54JTC87Posted 2/4/2013 2:12:54 PM
Enclave posted...
Invader_Spooch posted...
Enclave posted...

That's right, it is nowhere near PC quality. So lets compare Nintendo to their direct competitor Sony. Oh look, Nintendos eshop/virtual console setup is archaic and horrible even compared to that.

Face it, Nintendo is raking in cash ripping off their customers by not following industry standards.

I think it is funny how you keep saying it is renting. I guess you don't understand what renting actually is. Last I checked, you have a limited time to enjoy something when it is rented. When you purchase something from the eshop you enjoy it forever. Technically buying a physical game is more like renting as you will probably trade it and you will have less money and no game.
#55Dre297Posted 2/4/2013 2:23:54 PM
thanks to another post i got my copy from target. They seem like the best place to get a copy of the game right now