Any games similar to Zelda II?

#1sharinguyPosted 2/3/2013 12:09:54 AM(edited)
I want to play a similar to Zelda II. I really liked the ideas of that game and would like to see them implemented on a recent game. I have a wii, 3DS, PSV, PS3 , PS2 and a PC.

most of you guys are nintendo fans so I figured you would know something.
---
PSN: Dorman_777
Pokemon Black FC: 5414-9379-0757
#2aamotPosted 2/3/2013 12:13:04 AM
I've heard the Adventure Time 3DS game is very similar to Zelda II. I've played both, but can't remember much about Zelda II other than like... sidescrolling and sword swinging. And I think jumping.

But Adventure Time 3DS is pretty fun, while short. See if you can snag it for ~$20 somewhere.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#3SMASHKING84Posted 2/3/2013 12:19:53 AM
They're many games similar(action rpg/platformers) super paper mario,faxanudu,monster world,and several others(blanking on the name)

The best action rpg/platformer in my humble opinion is monster world iv(you can get it on psn and wii vc i'm not sure if it's available on xbla)
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GODCCAOyCCs CRYAMORE FTW
#4jedinatPosted 2/3/2013 12:34:18 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
The best action rpg/platformer in my humble opinion is monster world iv(you can get it on psn and wii vc i'm not sure if it's available on xbla)

Looks kind of like Monster Tale.
#5SMASHKING84Posted 2/3/2013 12:39:18 AM
jedinat posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

i'm not sure why that matters this game came out genesis. The game was never released in english before the vc/psn version came out.

And trust me the game has just enough dialogue you'd need a translation.
---
#6jedinatPosted 2/3/2013 12:42:11 AM(edited)
SMASHKING84 posted...
jedinat posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

i'm not sure why that matters this game came out genesis. The game was never released in english before the vc/psn version came out.

Not sure why you got defensive. I was fishing for a connection. Monster Tale is an action/platformer with RPG elements, where you also play a girl with a creature that follows you around...
#7SMASHKING84Posted 2/3/2013 12:48:04 AM
jedinat posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...
jedinat posted...
SMASHKING84 posted...

Not sure why you got defensive. I was fishing for a connection. Monster Tale is an action/platformer with RPG elements, where you also play a girl with a creature that follows you around...

sorry i thought you were implying monster world iv ripped off monster tale.
---
#8sharinguy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:48:45 AM
Ok I will try Faxandu, Monster World and Adventure Time. Thanks for the recommendations .
---
#9SMASHKING84Posted 2/3/2013 12:54:53 AM
sharinguy posted...
Ok I will try Faxandu, Monster World and Adventure Time. Thanks for the recommendations .

Just to warn you the first three monster world games are brutally hard(one life you die you start over) monster world iv is more up your ally if you like challenging games but dislike frustrating games(in other words this game is not easy but it never get annoyingly hard)
---
#10sharinguy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 12:56:19 AM
SMASHKING84 posted...
sharinguy posted...

Just to warn you the first three monster world games are brutally hard(one life you die you start over) monster world iv is more up your ally if you like challenging games but dislike frustrating games(in other words this game is not easy but it never get annoyingly hard)

I will start with Monster World IV first then.
---