Once we see Pokemon X/Y released are we going to see a rise in hacking?

#1levyjl1988Posted 2/3/2013 1:11:20 AM
Hacked Pokemon? I hated the DS versions for its lack of security. And I wonder if the 3DS is anything different. Or is Nintendo taking a bigger stand against this. Nintendo shut down many R4 card factories that was producing and selling these. This contributed the most towards hacked Pokemon. Which pretty much devalued people's efforts of actually training. In other ways hacking did push the meta game in how we battle, skipping the breeding and raising feature to the point that the game was reversed engineered. Not sure how that becomes fun? But anyway do you think GameFreak will produce a more secure Pokemon X/Y game or it's bound to be hacked and we'll see the GTS flooded with shinies/hacks and etc once again.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#2aamotPosted 2/3/2013 1:17:56 AM
I would love if they outright prevented "perfect Pokemon creation." Trying to breed the proper stats and abilities into a Pokemon can be interesting, but if GF implemented a new, somewhat cleaner breeding mechanic I think a lot less people would try to cheat their way to perfect Pokemon.

There are already a few online Pokemon creation / battling programs. The people who want instant, free Pokemon should just stick to those.

Additionally, thread debate incoming.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#3serenade_betaPosted 2/3/2013 1:46:08 AM
The 3DS hasn't been hacked, so I don't assume there will be a rise.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#4jedinatPosted 2/3/2013 1:52:21 AM
serenade_beta posted...

Well, purportedly it has. Just not in a way that matter to anyone but the hackers yet....
#5Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/3/2013 3:45:47 AM
jedinat posted...
serenade_beta posted...

Well, purportedly it has. Just not in a way that matter to anyone but the hackers yet....

Yep, it has been hacked, but it's not released yet because the hacker(s) try to secure the hack a bit from pirates to make it harder for them.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#6CyberElfSlutPosted 2/3/2013 5:43:58 AM
levyjl1988 posted...
Hacked Pokemon? I hated the DS versions for its lack of security. And I wonder if the 3DS is anything different. Or is Nintendo taking a bigger stand against this. Nintendo shut down many R4 card factories that was producing and selling these. This contributed the most towards hacked Pokemon. Which pretty much devalued people's efforts of actually training. In other ways hacking did push the meta game in how we battle, skipping the breeding and raising feature to the point that the game was reversed engineered. Not sure how that becomes fun? But anyway do you think GameFreak will produce a more secure Pokemon X/Y game or it's bound to be hacked and we'll see the GTS flooded with shinies/hacks and etc once again.

The competitive battling is really fun; the breeding and levelling is just pointless busywork before you can get to the good bit of the game. It's a fun tax that, played the way it was designed, rewards you more for time spent that skill learned.

Doing away with it makes competitive battling more about the skill than the time spent.
---
Now, people, try and understand...
This ain't an ultimatum, but baby I know where you sleep