Fire Emblem or Castlevania?

#1_pluizig_Posted 2/3/2013 2:40:44 AM
It's almost time for a new 3DS game! I can only buy one. After the disappointment of Paper Mario, I've decided to ask people first.

I like:
- A (good) story
- Long games
- Lighthearted fun

I dislike:
- High difficulty
- SUPER SERIOUSness

The two killer apps coming out soon are Castlevania and Fire Emblem, but I have mixed expectations about both. From what I've heard, FE is long and story-heavy, but is very difficult and takes itself too seriously, and CV is fun, but kind of shallow.

So what do recommend? Or maybe a different game altogether?
---
To err is human, to arr is pirate.
#2jedinatPosted 2/3/2013 2:43:30 AM
Castlevania has always been the one that takes itself too seriously, lol. Anyways, I can pretty much guarantee it's not going to be as good as Fire Emblem. FE isn't going to be difficult at all if you play on normal/casual.
#3BuretsuPosted 2/3/2013 2:44:38 AM
Fire Emblem has a serious story in general, but the characters themselves can often be pretty silly.

I'm sure Endgame will be along in a minute to call Awakening "piss-easy" or something like that, but you can play on a lower difficulty if you think it's too much.

Is Castlevania even coming out any time soon?
---
no i tried resetting game i even start violent slamming cartridge on wall but all it does make static noise when i put into DS, the problem not fix! -ReconUnit
#4GenericName9Posted 2/3/2013 2:50:59 AM
I wish I knew what Castlevania played like. I looked up a "gameplay" video on YouTube and all it showed was a bunch of CG cutscene movie stuff. That's just wrong when a company does'nt show any actual gameplay in a preview. How can you decide if you might like it or even anything about it?
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#5EndgamePosted 2/3/2013 9:36:55 AM
I dislike:
- High difficulty

you'll LOVE Awakening!
From what I've heard, FE is long and story-heavy, but is very difficult

nope

Fire Emblem USED to be a difficult series, but since SUCKred Stones in 2004, Iwata's Nintendo has dumbed it down for "casual" appeal

and Awakening continues to dumb down the franchise even farther, chapter design has been reduced to a bunch of enemies randomly thrown across the map that rush you, weapon weight has been removed, meaning anyone can use any weapon without consequence, making Iron weapons completely worthless as soon as you can buy Steel whereas in past games, it might have not been the best idea due to weapon weight's Speed penalties, staves that inflict status aliments have been removed, and so on
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#6Shadowman621Posted 2/3/2013 9:43:20 AM
Pay no attention to Endgame. His father was killed by Fire Emblem.
---
Official Roof Fiddler and Maestro of the NDF
3DS FC: 0516-7288-9163 Handle: Brandon
#7NewbieN00bPosted 2/3/2013 9:46:25 AM
Shadowman621 posted...
Pay no attention to Endgame. His father was killed by Fire Emblem.

Probably FE8, to be specific.
---
Give me all teh FE D':
#8pikachupwnagePosted 2/3/2013 9:49:21 AM
_pluizig_ posted...
It's almost time for a new 3DS game! I can only buy one. After the disappointment of Paper Mario, I've decided to ask people first.

I like:
- A (good) story
- Long games
- Lighthearted fun

I dislike:
- High difficulty
- SUPER SERIOUSness

The two killer apps coming out soon are Castlevania and Fire Emblem, but I have mixed expectations about both. From what I've heard, FE is long and story-heavy, but is very difficult and takes itself too seriously, and CV is fun, but kind of shallow.

Fire emblem fits the good story part and the long game. So much content.

It has high difficulty but only if you choose for it to be so. If you set it to normal/casual it will be easy as pie. And its rather serious yet lighthearted at the same time as characters often have humorous interactions with each other.

Fire emblem.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#9KittyPuppyPosted 2/3/2013 10:59:03 AM
As a longtime Castlevania fan who strongly prefers Tactics Ogre to Fire Emblem, I honestly think Fire Emblem seems like the bigger, better game.
#10TorajimaPosted 2/3/2013 11:10:47 AM
_pluizig_ posted...

I recommend you download the demos off the eshop.