Fire Emblem or Castlevania?

#112wingedangelPosted 2/3/2013 11:22:49 AM
Endgame posted...
I dislike:
- High difficulty

you'll LOVE Awakening!
From what I've heard, FE is long and story-heavy, but is very difficult

nope

Fire Emblem USED to be a difficult series, but since SUCKred Stones in 2004, Iwata's Nintendo has dumbed it down for "casual" appeal

and Awakening continues to dumb down the franchise even farther, chapter design has been reduced to a bunch of enemies randomly thrown across the map that rush you, weapon weight has been removed, meaning anyone can use any weapon without consequence, making Iron weapons completely worthless as soon as you can buy Steel whereas in past games, it might have not been the best idea due to weapon weight's Speed penalties, staves that inflict status aliments have been removed, and so on

That's odd, you seem nice on the game's board.
---
Lover of all things cute and pretty. <3
Black 2 FC: 4213-1800-0462
#1221_21Posted 2/3/2013 11:32:34 AM
Endgame is all tsundere for Awakening. ^_^
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow, and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#13aamotPosted 2/3/2013 11:45:57 AM
The two killer apps coming out soon

Ugh.

But go for Fire Emblem.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#14WiiareVenomPosted 2/3/2013 12:45:42 PM
GenericName9 posted...
I wish I knew what Castlevania played like. I looked up a "gameplay" video on YouTube and all it showed was a bunch of CG cutscene movie stuff. That's just wrong when a company does'nt show any actual gameplay in a preview. How can you decide if you might like it or even anything about it?

Look for E3 demos. There was at least one a while back, though be warned that the guy playing it was terribad.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#15DynamicJumpIuffPosted 2/3/2013 12:46:56 PM
Endgame is all tsundere for Awakening. ^_^

He's tsundere for Nintendo in general.
---
The official Lilim of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
"I thank you for arousing me" - Beruga, Terranigma
#16strongo9Posted 2/3/2013 12:50:44 PM
As I fan of Castlevania I can tell you that Mirror of fate won't be very good.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#17WiiareVenomPosted 2/3/2013 1:01:56 PM
As a fan of Castlevania, I can tell you that you should play the demo when it comes, as it will probably be pretty good if you judge it on your own, because it is different than the others. It is combo based like modern action games, but 2D. It does not have as much exploring, but still looks like a great game.

So, based on this, if you can only get one I say you might prefer Fire Emblem, because Mirror of Fate could take itself a little seriously.
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#18guedesbrawlPosted 2/3/2013 1:38:45 PM
KittyPuppy posted...
As a longtime Castlevania fan, I honestly think Fire Emblem seems like the bigger, better game.

---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#19JurassicBondPosted 2/3/2013 1:40:11 PM
Fire Emblem. If the new Castlevania were a Metroidvania, it might be a different story, but I'm not a fan of what I've heard about the new one.
---
Reading: A Game of Thrones - George R. R. Martin
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#20Bancario51Posted 2/3/2013 1:41:20 PM
Fire Emblem x Castlevania!
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~