Narrowed my Pokemon game choice down, could still use help/ideas.

#1Justice98405Posted 2/3/2013 3:15:03 AM
If I don't just wait for either X or Y on the 3DS here and give one of them a try as my first, I'm going to get either Black or White. That being said, I've got some questions about them I'm hoping some of you won't mind helping me with.

I did a little bit of reading on the games, but not much. Apparently there is two battle systems, and I got the impression that one of the games did one of them, the other did the other one. Is that accurate? Or do both games, Black and White, use both battle systems and you can switch which one you use as you want?

Also, let's say I get one of these, be it Black or White, what is the incentive to get the OTHER one as well. Are they not essentially the same games, but with a different Legendary character on the cover, that I assume is exclusive to each game? What's the draw to getting both Black and White.

Thanks in advance all. Any extra info you all can give me on Black/White that you think might help me choose between these two would be appreciated as well.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#2Rai_JinPosted 2/3/2013 3:58:39 AM
...They both have the same battle system, and it doesn't really matter which one you get. I would recommend just skipping to B/W 2 though.
#3iGenesisPosted 2/3/2013 4:06:00 AM
Buying a Pokemon game right now (when one is already known to be in the pipeline) is worse than flushing your money down the toilet.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#4Tzuba12Posted 2/3/2013 4:19:14 AM(edited)
Don't listen to iGenesis, he's a known troll. Endgame might pop his head into this topic too, and complain about a certain awesome ice cream Pokemon, ignore both of them.

And to answer your question, both games use the same battle system. I think what you're referring to is the triple battles and rotation battles. Rotation battles appear in Black more often than white, and Triple Battles appear in White more often. (They rarely appear at all though)

So really the only differences is exclusive Pokemon, black/white forest, and rotation/triple battles.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#5Justice98405(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 5:25:03 AM
I went ahead and bought Pokemon Black yesterday while out in the city looking for Skylanders. I've only played a little bit, but it's alright. It's not the best looking DS game, and I have no idea why they used the same images for the Pokemon for yours which is closer to the camera, it just makes them REALLY pixelated, but early on, I don't regret the purchase, and it looks like I could get into Pokemon. Sadly, knowing me and my backlog, I'll never put in the kind of time you need to in a series like this, but also knowing me, I'll likely end up getting either X or Y for the 3DS when they release in the USA.
Thanks everyone.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405