Help me with a scheme gamefaqs! (system transfer related questions)

#1BTzzPosted 2/3/2013 9:56:57 AM
I have the Fire Emblem 3DS bundle pre-ordered at my local gamestop. Luckily for me, they've completely botched the release and I may not see it till next week. On top of this, the only other place carrying it locally for me had no clue as well, and said 'check back Thursday'. However, I freaking love Fire Emblem. So I've come up with a solution that results in me spending extra money to play the game on release date, but I could use some help in making sure I have everything right.

Essentially, my plan is to buy a copy on the eShop for a random used 3DS I'll 'loan' from Gamestop. When I get the bundle, I'll system transfer to the bundle 3DS and then return the old one. Are there any flaws in this plan? Mostly I'm curious what will happen to the pre-loaded copy if I do a system transfer. Will it just vanish into oblivion? All my saves will transfer over, right?

Basically I want to play it on Monday but want the special edition 3DS as well.
#2ptreemf12Posted 2/3/2013 9:58:15 AM
That plan sounds like a mess X_X
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#3BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:02:17 AM
ptreemf12 posted...
That plan sounds like a mess X_X

I'm not happy about it.

It seems the entirety of the physical copies of Fire Emblem have been totally screwed up shipping wise. I have few options as an obsessed FE fan D:
#4BlueBombei2Posted 2/3/2013 10:05:20 AM
Technically it will vanish since you will already have purchased a digital copy. Do the transfer and switch out the SD cards and you'll be fine. I advise buying at least an 8 GB SDHC card before you download and start Fire Emblem:A.
#5BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:07:13 AM
BlueBombei2 posted...
Technically it will vanish since you will already have purchased a digital copy. Do the transfer and switch out the SD cards and you'll be fine. I advise buying at least an 8 GB SDHC card before you download and start Fire Emblem:A.

Switch out the SD cards? Why's that? Is that part of the system transfer?

About the storage, The 3DS bundle one has 4 GB, minus the 1 that Fire Emblem takes up. I don't need more than that.
#6BlueBombei2Posted 2/3/2013 10:12:12 AM
BTzz posted...
BlueBombei2 posted...

Switch out the SD cards? Why's that? Is that part of the system transfer?

About the storage, The 3DS bundle one has 4 GB, minus the 1 that Fire Emblem takes up. I don't need more than that.

Do you want your save data? The Save data is stored on the SD card and it's likely you'll get a 3DS with a 2 GB card. What if this happens again? Are you going to delete Fire Emblem? I bought a 32GB Verbatim SDHC card for $20 at Office Depot on Friday... I think the 8GB cards were $10. It's worth it. Trust me.
#7BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 10:15:28 AM
I'm really not worried about this right now. Wouldn't a system transfer transfer the save data as well? I'd figure out storage at a later date. If I need to switch SD cards the idea falls apart because they're different sizes. One's 2 GB and one's 4.
#8BlueBombei2Posted 2/3/2013 10:22:54 AM
BTzz posted...
I'm really not worried about this right now. Wouldn't a system transfer transfer the save data as well? I'd figure out storage at a later date. If I need to switch SD cards the idea falls apart because they're different sizes. One's 2 GB and one's 4.

Save data is NOT included in system transfer. There are a lot of ways to get your save data from a 2GB to a 4GB.
#9RPGMaster95Posted 2/3/2013 10:23:02 AM
Spending an extra 40 on the eshop, abusing a companies return policy, and the hassle of exchanging/sys transferring etc so you ccan play it 4 days sooner?

Not only is that ridiculous and you need more responsibility/to do in life but a die hard fan that cant wait another second wouldve imported this last year.

Critical failure.
---
Bourne Legacy in 60 seconds:
http://youtu.be/AcDIlYannYs
#10aamotPosted 2/3/2013 11:39:54 AM(edited)
This idea is awesome lol.

---
"I dare you to make less sense."